'TRD' Turbo Roadster

Started by Slacey, August 20, 2004, 14:15

Slacey

In this months Banzai mag, there is a 5 page feature on a bright orange 'TRD' roadster, with apparently a prototype Garrett based turbo bolted on, along with a TRD bodykit and other extras.
TBH, I'm somewhat dubious, but all the way through the article, they do refer to it being TRD's rather than a private individual's car.
I'll scan the article later and you can see what you think, but the lack of engine bay shots (there is one from a shallow angle, and it looks like the stock manifold heatshield is still there  s:? :? s:?  ) make me suspicious, although there are also parts that make me think it could be genuine - just seems strange that we haven't heard anything about it either here or Stateside.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Might be one of Rod Millens cars, they did a celica in partnership with TRD USA but only as a show piece?

Slacey

<MOD> Turbo discussion moved here... </MOD>

Jap GT300

TRD USA Apparently have a running version of their Turbo Kit in the APR Widebodied Car.

Can Envy Performance shed any Light or Spec on this as it is one of there demonstrators?

dreambackup

any chance we can have a digital copy of the article?
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

markiii

speculation but I suspect it may be a TTE prototype they are testing for TMC.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

Nope, definately not TTE - we know what that system looks like, and this is nothing close. I'll get that scan up tonight.

Tags: