2zz or turbo???

Started by Anonymous, August 22, 2004, 14:59

Anonymous

Hi if people have read my other poststhen you will guess what i am trying to do, basically i want to recreate the gt300 mr2 off gt3 kit wise see other forum your comments would help, but i also want to match the show with plenty of go and will probably be a regular at the pod, so here is where i choose ?

turbo the 1zz      or           transplant  2zz

anyone got any costs on both and quarter mile or accurate performance figure

Tem

Quote from: "mr-s newboy"turbo the 1zz      or           transplant  2zz

anyone got any costs on both and quarter mile or accurate performance figure

If you want performance, especially with the huge wheel needed to make stuff look good, just go for a turbo.

Personally, I wouldn't really recommend 2ZZ to anyone, the ones who want it know it themselves  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

what do you mean? would a turbo'd 2 be as quick or quicker than a 2zz i have been looking at the moneywhrenching site and i want to do similar quarter times to them i.e late 12's or early 13's

markiii

if thats your goal make life easier and don't put 18" wheels on it.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

what do i do then 2zz or turbo? what is the sf kit they mention on spyderchat and which turbo is the best kit wise

markiii

m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4983 m

SF kit is a new turbo kit by Stafford Fabrications
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

are you sure its the same kit as mentioned on spyderchat, also quality is risky by the sound of it regarding celicas is this correct has anyone got any quarter times!!!

markiii

the SF kit mentioned on that thread is teh same SF one as on SC.

I put the link in more for the discussion of various kits merits though to be honest,

Anonymous

you made mention to spyderchat and the SF kit so you've obviously had a look, so the best advice anyone can offer is to read all the various turbo and 2ZZ threads properly yourself and make your own descision

its not as simple as  "which one should I get"  it depends on many factors not least finances, what your looking for, down time, reliability, every day drivability etc.

you should research the options properly yourself if your seriously looking at spending that sort of money, anyone who hasnt gone for one of those options cant really advise as when it comes down to it they didnt do it and have no practical experience regarding a turbo'd roadster.

There are 5 turbo'd roadsters in the club ( one apexi, three PE and one PE based with custom work) there is also one 2ZZ.  Other than that the wealth of experience good and bad is over on spyderchat (once you've taken out all the crap they sometimes talk)

All the info you are looking for is out there, you just need to spend some time reading up on peoples pactical experiences.

Anonymous

so what is the best spyderchat seem to quote large boost figures for a bolt on kit (10psi) and seem to think its reliable? what will give me the best power and where can ifind info on this sf kit

Anonymous

Theres a long lomg thread on spyderchat regarding the SF kit, search an ye shall find   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

boost wise as a rough rule (only rough)

kit with no cooling 6.5 psi
kit with aquamist  9.5- 10 psi
kit with efficeint charge cooler 12 psi  (but this has not been run for long durations yet, so its open to those not of a faint disposition)

Higher than this and your looking at swapping the internals for forged versions etc

USrolling road figures are usually on the optimistic side, so I wouldnt take too much of whats often quoted seriously.  Ian and I have been running 9-10 psi and its very fast!  were looknig at going higher but the charge cooler kits havnt arrived from the US yet.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

which kit are you using and what is your spec? have you done any quarters and have you any 0-60 rough times 0-100 etc power figures

SteveJ

All of this information has been covered repeatedly - can I ask that you please use the search function to find the info you are looking for in order to avoid yet another duplicate of the information.

SteveJ

[admin] Thread locked to avoid further duplication [/admin]

Tags: