An actual Roll Bar!

Started by Jrichards20, June 11, 2014, 16:55

Anonymous

Yes I agree, he had some suggestions to improve it too.

Rob988

TBH anything is an improvement on stock. A full cage is going to be better than a half cage but much more impractical. It's important to balance user needs with performance. For out and out race use, the HD cage is irrelevant as there's no need for a soft top. For road use the HD is the only real option to keep the soft top.

jinxedkitten

I could probably be a template, but it depends how long he would need the car for as she is my only car?
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

Anonymous

I'll ask when I pick mine up

Dasilva

il stick my name down, for the moment il like to keep the hood.

1.Meeerrrk - no soft top (hard top only)
2. mr-ed_smt - retain soft top catch
3. Viet
4. SteveMK3 - retain soft top catch
5. Keljon - retain soft top catch but would still be interested without the catch
6. Dasilva - retain soft top catch

Anonymous

Hi Guys, bad news I'm afraid.

Long story, but basically TR Lane changed their quote from £350 to £1300 (no, that isn't a typo) so I am collecting my car tomorrow with no work done.

Tim did say that he is going to buy a cheap roadster to try and develop something, I have asked him to keep me informed of his progress so I will of course keep this thread up to date.

Sorry to disappoint but I can assure you I am gutted it hasn't worked out!

Rob988

Would it work if he were to just replicate mine?

steve b

Bit like my experience with Nickson Motorsport then.  I guess the moral is if you want quality functional stuff installed by a professional then it'll cost big time.  You can of course go with a) spending £300 on some pipes with crap geometry that won't do any thing except act as something to smash your skull open if you please but the guys who are reputable will tell you this is pointless and rather not take your money, or b) get some crappy low quality bodge kit and make it fit yourself with hours of pain and cursing and wish you'd spent £1300 in the 1st place.
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Rob988"Would it work if he were to just replicate mine?

He would probably be very interested in seeing it, to be honest. Are you in Birmingham?

Anonymous

Quote from: "steve b"Bit like my experience with Nickson Motorsport then.  I guess the moral is if you want quality functional stuff installed by a professional then it'll cost big time.  You can of course go with a) spending £300 on some pipes with crap geometry that won't do any thing except act as something to smash your skull open if you please but the guys who are reputable will tell you this is pointless and rather not take your money, or b) get some crappy low quality bodge kit and make it fit yourself with hours of pain and cursing and wish you'd spent £1300 in the 1st place.

It does seem that way Steve, very frustrating!

Rob988

I am in Birmingham. Could get it out very easily too if needed.

Anonymous

TR Lane are near Stroud, Cheltenham kind of area. I'm sure he would be very interested to have a look, in the car would probably be fine.

SteveMK3

Really sorry to hear that Mark it's such a shame because you've obviously invested a lot of your own time and effort to get the project this far - what a PITA! Thank you on behalf of everyone who was interested.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

nadeemxb

Is the one on Japan Parts a roll bar or decorative like the TTE?
https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/8459

StuC

Reading is attachment points would suggest is more than a decorative bar.

The attitude of it would not inspire me with confidence in a roll over situation. Looks like our will just bend rearwards.  s:-( :-( s:-(
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

MilesH

I know it has been mentioned above (although Mark unfortunately did not get a reply to his email when contacting them) but I have just had a full cage fitted by SW Motorsport (Preston based) and they can do all sorts of desigsn for the roadster, from a roll bar to a full cage and it could be easily designed to suit a buyers requirements.

P.S. Definitely call them though as they are indeed busy.

Tags: