The Future of the UK MR2 Community IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Started by markiii, August 27, 2004, 12:02

markiii

Quote from: "Jono & Emma"Well, I feel boring just echoing what everyone else is saying but I may as well give my thoughts on the matter - especially if they could count toward a decision going one way or another. STAND AND BE COUNTED!

Keep MR2ROC as it is. That's pretty much my view in a nutshell. Why? because like many others here, I'm not interested in MK1/2 apart from I think they're cool cars. I don't own one though so I don't want to read about them.
I like the spirit in this club - it's really friendly. So friendly I'm thinking of arranging a meet at my place in the near future and I've only ever met some of you briefly at JAE!   s:D :D s:D   You're a bloody nice bunch.
I'd be happy to pay for membership but would like to see some real benefits in doing so. GB's are good here but some more generic deals like insurance offers or similar incentives would be nice. A magazine would also be good! With some of the owners cars featured? or even just the owners? We're all nosey b*stards who want to know more about each others lives I'm sure!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I've said enough anyway - I could rant for ages but won't. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Or modify it too much!

MR2ROC 4EVA!!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   (IMHO)

Off topic drift, but if anyone wants to submit an article for inclusion on teh site please do so.

Although teh articles so far are of a technical nature thats just because thats what got written.

We'll be more than happy to includeother club/roadster relevant articles, on your online magazine  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Humble Jim

This idea arose because of something happenning (or not happenning) in another club. Whatever. Somebody elsewhere has an agenda, perhaps they are full of good intent, or perhaps not. No matter. From my perspective it's all irrelevant.

MR2ROC does a fine job 'as is'. We have a good pool of collective experience and wide range of people of varying backgrounds that makes a fine online community. Time and again I've benefited personally as a result. So keep things as they are please!
H&S Exhaust

Anonymous

I feel that now I have bought a MR2 I can post into this thread.

When I was looking to buy my MR2 recently I searched google for some time looking for information regarding the Mk3. I was pointed at various other MR2 noticeboards and found that they were no help to me. They had plenty of information on Mk1 & Mk2 but nothing on the Mk3. I was getting a bit bothered about it all and then I believe someone pointed me this way (sorry can't remember who).

This board is great there is a really nice atmosphere and everyone seems very friendly. I have read a lot of technical info on my new car and I intend to use this infomation to improve my motoring.   s:) :) s:)  

Please keep this board as is, it would be a real shame to lose it.

Anonymous

I have found this site to be one of the best I've seen for exchange of information in a very friendly manner. I'd miss it badly if it were to close  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

juansolo

This is the only single marque forum that I've continued to read after selling the car in question.  The S/N ratio is about right and it has a good mix of people.  Admittedly I don't keep up to date / contribute as often as I used to but it's still nice to pop in once a week say and have a read.

As for it being absorbed by another club; I'm struggling to see any benefit.  This club was formed because none of the other clubs offered anything for Mk3 owners.  I'm not entirely sure that now the MR2ROC is established that we should now bolster their subs.  Personally I'd rather give money to keeping this club going.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

Not sure if my opinion matters much but I strongly disagree with the idea of the "superclub" for all the reasons mentioned.  In my opinion, the MR2ROC is one of the best (if not the best) and it'd be a shame to reduce it to anything else, especially since there is no particularly good reason for doing so.

LeeUK

I really enjoy logging on to MR2-ROC.  A superclub wouldn't have the "close knit" feeling of MR2-ROC, we all have the same passion for our cars.  The meets I have attended have been great and I've met some very friendly people.  One big club wouldn't have the same attraction and a lot of members would be lost.

I deffinately like it the way it is!

Oh, I really like this idea, whether it be as a magazine, or better an on-line format (probably a lot cheaper to do too!):

Quote from: "Jono & Emma"A magazine would also be good! With some of the owners cars featured? or even just the owners? We're all nosey b*stards who want to know more about each others lives I'm sure!  
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

just received my November copy of the 'Log Book'  (MR2DC monthly news letter) and it states   " We have received a positive indication from the Roadster Owners Club"

As nearly all posts on this thread have been negative I assume this only refers to an agreement to talk further?

mph

Quote from: "perry190"just received my November copy of the 'Log Book'  (MR2DC monthly news letter) and it states   " We have received a positive indication from the Roadster Owners Club"

As nearly all posts on this thread have been negative I assume this only refers to an agreement to talk further?
Correct. While it appears others are closed to even talking with MR2DC, the committee felt it at least worth while opening communication and seeing what possibilites (if any) are available.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Slacey

Yes, that comment of theirs is a bit misleading. I did send notice of our willingness to talk, but that was as far as it went at this point.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

markiii

there does appear to be a little spin in teh way teh logbook is being worded lately, rest assured we've noted your comments and there will be no rash decisions
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I hope the club stays as it is. I am only interested in the Mk3:)

Slacey

Quote from: "a_fly_guy"I hope the club stays as it is. I am only interested in the Mk3:)
Just as an update on the situation, I have had no further contact from the DC at all, so I would be led to believe they have given up on the idea, so for the forseeable future, MK3 only we will be.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Maybe we should wait until the Mk.IV comes out, then maybe we will consider joining up with the OC.

Until then I feel that there really isn't that much in common between the MkII and III. In fact, we probably have a lot more in common with other "light weight sports cars" like the Lotus Elise or the MX-5   s:) :) s:)

Having just said that, we do have a lot in common with the Mk I....

D'oh! cannot make my mind up!

Tags: