My 2001 Silver MR2 - Mr Stev3's track day now sprint roadster

Started by MrStev3, June 20, 2014, 10:21

Anonymous

Brilliant days testing then, that's what it's all about. Ive got my battery in the frunk I guess that helps. It's small, but still quite heavy.

Good luck on Sunday, post how you get on!

Anonymous

Is that extinguisher plumbed in or hand held?

MrStev3

Hand held as recommended as plumbed in isn't compulsory for our group

I'm looking forward to it but not the drive up
Mitsuko the mr2
federal rsr, lenso spec c wheels, ebc turbo grooved discs, ebc yellow stuff pads, tein springs, omp trs seat, Trs harness, rogue seat frames, k&n filter, stripped out interior, toyo sports manifold, Hardtop, rouge hardtop fitting kit, ultra racing front strut brace, Ultra racing lower rear brace, matts brace , kyb shocks, cobra quad exhaust,P&p cage

Anonymous

How did It go?!

MrStev3

Sorry for the late reply Ive been ill and also very busy.
cracking weekend battling in the 2zz group of cars and a 3sge. car was much more on the pace but still struggled to beat the two guys in my class both with bigger motors with the long sprints to the start and finish this is where I lost out. Cadwell park next. people keep saying to get coilovers but right now I don't have the funds and also im looking to next year.

just a few pictures of the 45 competetors, there were over 12 gt-86, a hell of a lot of gt4 celicas but lots of variations: yaris t sports, mr2, celica st, corolla 1.3, yaris hybrid, starlets, supercharged mk1 mr2 and a supercharged celica gen 7 driven by a great guy called joe, my aim was to get close to him and I managed to pull a quicker run than him after being close at croft and him blowing me away on the few final runs. cracking guy and welcomed me as a newb haha

Sighting laps
Mitsuko the mr2
federal rsr, lenso spec c wheels, ebc turbo grooved discs, ebc yellow stuff pads, tein springs, omp trs seat, Trs harness, rogue seat frames, k&n filter, stripped out interior, toyo sports manifold, Hardtop, rouge hardtop fitting kit, ultra racing front strut brace, Ultra racing lower rear brace, matts brace , kyb shocks, cobra quad exhaust,P&p cage

MrStev3

Quicky update again

My mot is booked for Wednesday so fingers crossed that goes ok, but if not I have 4 weeks before cadwell park to fix it.

Once the season is over I will de sticker the car and work on it for the next year unless I decide to move classes which I have considered but selling or braking would then be required and I don't really want to do that.

I'm really looking forward to cadwell park for the final sprint of the year looks epic fun and I'll be watching some videos so I know what I'm doing roughly or maybe I'll try and play some project cars as I believe the track is on that game.

Some drivers have the course layout on their dash or steering wheel which Is a good idea if you are new to a track such as me
Mitsuko the mr2

Swan_Connery

Time to get playing some pc racing simulators to get used to the circuit then mate  s:D :D s:D

MrStev3

My pc is so crap that it will have to be console games for me but it's still practice   s:D :D s:D  

Today I have sat down and done some maths about parts for more power and suspension and decided that for the gains the cost isn't worth doing so it's with great sadness that after cadwell park I will test the water with selling this and get onto building my new car for sprinting next year

I have two mr2s so I shall still be here with my road one, this is not final yet but I have enquired on parts for the new car with Stephen at gt-4 play already

Before the vultures come circling haha I'm not breaking this and still have some racing to get her through
Mitsuko the mr2

Anonymous

So I can't race you next year  s:( :( s:(  spoil sport!

MrStev3

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"So I can't race you next year  s:( :( s:(  spoil sport!

You can still race me and I never said whether I'd be in the same group or not haha

It's not final yet but i feel the car needs a 2zz to make any decent gains and I'm not putting myself through that  sshit shit sshit  

Maybe cadwell will change my mind
Sign on mark the date opens next week to general sale , I know you have some issues but go for it
Mitsuko the mr2

Anonymous

I've got Brandshatch booked for the Monday so I dunno if I can run the car both days!

MrStev3

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"I've got Brandshatch booked for the Monday so I dunno if I can run the car both days!

Monday won't get you a trophy but you could get one on the Saturday

Go on you know you wannnnnna
Mitsuko the mr2

Anonymous

I've emailed Adrian to ask if there are spaces.... I'm planning on coming anyway to view/get a feel. So hitching the trailer on the back of the BMW isn't too much more hassle, right?!  s;) ;) s;)

MrStev3

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"I've emailed Adrian to ask if there are spaces.... I'm planning on coming anyway to view/get a feel. So hitching the trailer on the back of the BMW isn't too much more hassle, right?!  s;) ;) s;)

There are spaces  matey
Mitsuko the mr2

MrStev3

Can't wait for cadwell

Me and meerrrkk in the same group so will be a laugh

1zz and 2zz mr2 roadsters will try and do the roadster people proud.

Hoping to have a few more upgrades on by then
Mitsuko the mr2

MattPerformance

I'm reading this thread with interest but I've lost track of what's happening at Cadwell and when... Can you enlighten me (I love Cadwell!!)

MrStev3

Quote from: "MattPerformance"I'm reading this thread with interest but I've lost track of what's happening at Cadwell and when... Can you enlighten me (I love Cadwell!!)

Hey Matt

I take part in the toyota sprint series , I started this year from round 4 and I've convinced mark or Meeerrrkk to compete in the final round in his 2zz mr2 so should be fun
The last round is at cadwell 7th November
Mitsuko the mr2

MattPerformance

Thanks.
I quite fancy having a go at the Sprint Series. The car isn't eligible for points but it would certainly be good fun.
I'll see how Spa goes...

MrStev3

Why would
You not be eligible ?
Mitsuko the mr2

tomaky

Cant imagine there elaborate class system wouldn't allow you to race.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

MrStev3

Well I've been mega busy with cadwell finals for the tss just over a week away.

Changed all the fluids, got myself a small sponsor and also decided to put in a track day for the mr2 people for next year. Details can be found in the Motorsport section.

Car passed its mot so here's to another year of her being alive.

I have been made an offer on this car but I'm holding out and weighing up the options as I'm very attached to this little car

As many know I have another mr2 so I'll never be without I like them to much.

Photos and pics from cadwell to follow
Mitsuko the mr2

Jrichards20

Looking forward to some more pictures. Congratulations on the sponsor! Cant get rid of the 2 now, your only just starting with it  s:) :) s:)  Need to keep the roadsters in the tss.
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

MrStev3

Sorry for the lack of updates

I adored cadwell park but the federal 595 rsr have a E Rating in the wet so I knew things would get interesting.
I went off track twice at park and also had a spin. Rain was relentless all day but still didn't stop me enjoying
So I finished 3rd in class for the year only having done a few rounds.
In all honesty the car just doesn't have the power to mix it up near the front, if it were lap after lap then its got a chance but on a short squirt its just not got the power. really needs a 2zz but I can be arsed for hat mess
If anyone is bothered my friend Meeeerrrrkk won the class on the day in his 2zz , awesome specced car.
So I have put her up for sale and if not I will break it, ill be moving on
anyway heres some pics

Mitsuko the mr2

Paul1087

Nice one Steve,
Although shame to see you off.

Are you going to get another track car?

MrStev3

Quote from: "Paul1087"Nice one Steve,
Although shame to see you off.

Are you going to get another track car?

Yes I will be building a new car and either in the toyota sprint again or the subaru 22b sprint

If I do break it I will give friends dibs on parts

Been a great ride and loved this car and I would recommend getting one to anyone
Mitsuko the mr2

Tags: