a good clean....

Started by damo66, June 22, 2014, 15:16

damo66

Now that the hose move has been delayed for a few weeks i want to give my 2 a good clean and polish.

i wanna clay it and buff it up properly but not really sure what is the best process.

wash, clay, polish...?
what's the best to use and any good techniques?

Joesson

Best get the "hose move" sorted first as it beats using buckets!
Seriously, I am sure there will be some one or two along soon with a good how too.

mikews

Generally if I'm going whole hog I'll

Rinse with jet
Iron x on wheels and lower sills
Snow foam
Wash using 2 bucket method
Clay bar
Rinse
Dry
Polish by hand or on DA/Rotary machine depending on if it needs any correction
Wax layer 1
Plastics/roof/glass
Remove wax layer 1
Apply wax layer 2
Wheels and exhaust tips
Remove wax layer 2

That is a once a year job on each car as I'm massively ocd and hate scuffs, swirls, scratches etc, however for a normal person wash, clay, polish, wax will normally suffice

Barney Bear

Oh thank god It's not just me then   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Similar routine plus have to clean it before I drive the car
Even sad to admit I blow the water out of the wing mirror joints  to stop the drips down the door   s:D :D s:D  
Thank you Mike nice to know there are other OCD twos out there
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

angryman

Local texaco garage , foamy brush thing ,jet wash, 2mins and gloss wash off with the lance. sorted.

ill go straight to hell no doubt!.

StuC

Quote from: "Barney Bear"Thank you Mike nice to know there are other OCD twos out there

There are deffo more than 2 of you!!  s;-) ;-) s;-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Jay67

Quote from: "StuC"
Quote from: "Barney Bear"Thank you Mike nice to know there are other OCD twos out there

There are deffo more than 2 of you!!  s;-) ;-) s;-)
I'm saying nowt   s8) 8) s8)
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

damo66

Quote from: "Joesson"Best get the "hose move" sorted first as it beats using buckets!
Seriously, I am sure there will be some one or two along soon with a good how too.

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

damo66

Quote from: "angryman"Local texaco garage , foamy brush thing ,jet wash, 2mins and gloss wash off with the lance. sorted.

ill go straight to hell no doubt!.

Its funny how this was acceptable in the past, but fashion dictates that we have to set aside a whole week 'to do it properly....'

And yes, you shall burn in hell for all eternity!!!!  s:P :P s:P

damo66

And as for OCD.... I'll be removing each wheel to clean them properly, repainting the calipers, rain-x-ing the windows and yes, blowing the water out of the door mirrors to make sure they're dry (doesn't everybody??!!)

Jay67

you forgot about going round the seals with toothpicks to get the crud out of the crevices
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

angryman

what about the runaway mcdonalds fries under the seats ?
oh, and the half open sachet of ketchup.
and the mountain of old pay and display parking tickets ,deodorant bottles, empty sweet wrappers, theres even a coat hanger in mine behind the drivers seat.
( hangs head in shame!!)

moorx

Quote from: "angryman"what about the runaway mcdonalds fries under the seats ?
oh, and the half open sachet of ketchup.
and the mountain of old pay and display parking tickets ,deodorant bottles, empty sweet wrappers, theres even a coat hanger in mine behind the drivers seat.
( hangs head in shame!!)

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    You're a very naughty boy!

damo66

Cotton buds to clean the air vents....
And, McDonald's chips??? In my car?? Er, no. I don't think so, don't eat in my car.... Too many ways to mess it up...
To be fair though, McDonald's fries don't break down and decompose, they last forever!!!

SuperArt

Best regards,
Arthur
Essex - "Always happy to meet up for a weekend drive"
Making demented squirrel noises since 2014
TTE "Turbo Dodo" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?msg=797148
TTE Turbo "Friday" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=73711.0

StuC

Whoa, that is clean... To the extreme. Do you need a bodysuit when driving?

SuperArt

Best regards,
Arthur
Essex - "Always happy to meet up for a weekend drive"
Making demented squirrel noises since 2014
TTE "Turbo Dodo" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?msg=797148
TTE Turbo "Friday" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=73711.0

2 of the left

Quote from: "SuperArt"I always bathe after doing the exterior and put on fresh overalls, gloves and hairnet before working on the interior; I hate the thought of leaving hairs or dead skin in the car. It always makes me smile when I collect the interior fabrics and car mats from the dry cleaners to put back into the car.
My friends think I'm crazy. If you've ever burst a vein and feIt the red mist of murderous intent descend on you because someone left a muddy boot print on the car sills you'd do as I do too.
You obviously picked up your cleaning habit in the Trident Bldg  at Aldermaston ( Warheads section) or at the London Hospital for Infectious diseases ( Ebola ) etc !!!!  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

StuC

2 meets next Saturday, depending on your location.
Mine near Banbury or Shnazzle's oooooop north in Northumbria.

You are welcome to both of those. Some of the posters in this thread will be attending, so you'll be in good company.  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Tags: