Am I being to picky??

Started by yorkie1865, July 10, 2014, 17:11

yorkie1865

Went to see a blue 2 today as mentioned in previous post.had history 68 on the clock new boots on the corners but the bodywork had scratches in and the door had been opened against a wall taking it down to bare metal the alloys where scuffed and the frunk had a catch missing up for 2200 I walked away question is am i being to picky on a car thats 12 years old?

Pavett1990

You can pick a decent cat up for 2200 id have walked away too
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

Anonymous

No, not too picky. There are plenty of loved and cherished cars, keep an eye on classified on here

Jay67

Don't rush into buying, as Meeerrrk said, keep an eye on the classifieds,  and go look at as many as you can before deciding.
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

Jay67

Quote from: "Pavett1990"You can pick a decent cat up for 2200 id have walked away too
What sort of cat we talking for that money? I'd imagine a lion or tiger would be a lot more that that, possibly an ocelot or a lynx? Maybe a beat up old puma?   s8) 8) s8)
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

StuC

Nah Jay, it's a Cougar!  s;-) ;-) s;-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

ShieldsOnTour

"Not a lot of ocelot"

One of my favourite sentences in the world
One of *them* cars....
[strike]C-one front end & side skirts, TTE spoiler, TTE rear bumper inserts,  Anthracite post-FL wheels on Toyo T1R. 6-speed box. Cobra Quad exhaust. Red leather. Lowered. TTE style bar.  And lots of shinny ....[/strike]

Markb

I would say thats top money for a 2002 so i would be expecting a very good example,theres plenty about so don't buy anything you are not happy with.....not knocking the pre facelift but if it was within the budget i would go another grand and pick up a facelift car.

Or if you were willing to do a bit of work make them a silly offer allowing for any defects to be put right.

Tags: