Some Small Dealers No Longer Toyota Partners

Started by zud, September 3, 2004, 13:19

zud

I've just found out that my local/small Toyota Dealer is no longer an official dealership, and can no longer carry out Warranty work.  

I booked my '2 in for MOT, service and some warranty work next Monday.  I made the appointment about 4 weeks ago, before my hols.  I just found out this week that they can no longer undertake warranty work as Toyota want to have a smaller number of larger partners (e.g.  Jemca) and have dumped some/all(?) of the small dealerships.  Apparently they only found out at the last minute too!

This looked like particularly bad news at first as a combination of holidays, work, busy dealership and accident repairs meant that the only appointment I could book was the day my warranty and actually MOT expire!!  Fortunately, my nearest Jemca have squeezed me in today to look at the potential warranty work... I'm just waiting to hear what they say.

So for anyone that uses one of the smaller dealerships, you might need to use someone else if you have warranty issue!
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Chris

Well, I can certainly confirm that all the McCarthy dealers near me have now changed to Jemca...  yet to experiance them, so can't comment on it for better or worse
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Bongo

That seems a bit crap on the customer service front. Hope my local dealer (inchcape) are big enough   s:? :? s:?  

Hope your warranty work goes well (my dealer seemed to think that work needed to be done inside the warranty - not just be reported/verified - seemed odd to me).

Anonymous

Where abouts are you Chris?

The McCarthy ones near me have changed to JEMCA too.  The service at the Burnt Ash Lane dealership was appauling, I took it to the Sidcup dealership and they couldn't be more helpful.  If you live anywhere near them take your business to the Sidcup one they're ace   s8) 8) s8)

zud

I was disappointed about my dealers being dropped... they've been good.  It's too early to comment about Jemca, other than they fitted me in with 2 days notice, and came up with a courtesy car... this time around, my usual dealer couldn't give me a courtesy car when I booked up 4 weeks in advance!!!  

Chris, I'm sure you can't wait to get to Florida... but I think you're better off staying here this weekend!!
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Tags: