Power steering leak need new pipes help please!!!!

Started by yorkie1865, July 22, 2014, 19:47

yorkie1865

the Beloved has spat her dummy out already. I have a leak from the PS system I need 2 new pipes according to the local garage. where can I get them from? He wasn't very helpful "Dont know much about these!!!!" although he put it on his ramps. I live in the Hull area any decent garage recommends. Im not used to issues like this Ive driven Honda's for the last 15 years. Or can I do this myself with cups of tea and profanities. And one last thing power steering fluid type is it as rare as unobtainium or do we have a part number.from mr T or a good quality equivalent many thanks in advance.... Funny how life bites you had a totally different afternoon planned involving cameras and pictures.

MartinC

Try CTP on this forum.  l viewforum.php?f=57 l
Martin

Readers ride :- Martin's 2001 Roadster

spit

The '2 is notorious for PS pipe corrosion.

Yep, Toyota fluid from CTP or Toyota dealership. Usually the wrong side of £30. You may find cheaper online with a Google. Part number is 08886-01206 and you get plenty.

Pipes are ridiculously pricey. Some members were looking into getting pipes fabricated with the appropriate fittings by Pirtek or the likes. Not sure that anyone did it though. Its an option for you.

DIY is doable if you don't mind getting grubby.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

foxy-stoat

I can check the pipes on my breaker if they are good enough, if you want to fit secondhand ones.

Wabbitkilla

If you can get second hand pipes in a usable state then it's worth cleaning them up and painting them / plastikoting them before fitting.
Fitting is diy-able but you will get messy.
Power steering fluid is Toyota only and people have damaged pumps by not using it.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

yorkie1865

Many thanks to all. Have PM'd you foxy ref the pipes had a quick scoot around the scrapyards prices range from 50 to 108 pounds at the moment its a weep put will get worse over time the garage seems to think it will last the summer  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  what if its an indian one???? ||Anyway I suppose my beloved spilling her fluids on the floor isn't clever especially at that price per litre probably need them done sooner rather then later. will probably by seconds clean them hammerite them then wrap them in self amalgam tape.  s:) :) s:)  Im loving this car already  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

yorkie1865

Been to Mr T emporium today power steering fluid was 32 pounds and i can collect it tomorrow the 2 pipes in question 325 pounds   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   No thanks not just yet. And just out of interest theres never been a problem with pre - cats.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   Ok thanks ill pick my fluid up tomorrow. Thelevel is just below the cold min so will top it up and see where we go from there.

Tags: