Black 2002 and 2001 MR2 - Tommy Zooms / Hachiroku track car build

Started by tommyzoom99, August 1, 2014, 13:25

tommyzoom99

Thanks for the kind comments lads

has come together quite nicely over the last 2 years finally, alot thanks to this kick ass club for all the group buys, helpful people and wealth of knowledge found on this club   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

Enjoyed it so much last week we're going back again on the 20th of december  s:) :) s:)

cheere Tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

hachiroku

Thought I'd break my silence to post a short on-board from the day. The tires were catching on the arches slightly in places under hard cornering but it sounds a lot worse than it actually was - the rears just need pulling out another 5mm for the next track session.

I also seemed to enjoy the rev limiter quite a bit   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

[youtube:2res0psv]1EXN7ic78rU[/youtube:2res0psv]

hachiroku

Another one with 'zoom at the wheel, doing a bit of Porsche-bashing.   s:D :D s:D  

[youtube:dueq4cud]6GMXCN_XIyU[/youtube:dueq4cud]

loadswine

I have to say that you have done a superb job with your Roadster, it certainly seems just the job on track. Nicely judged set of mods and nice video clips, enjoyed those!   s8) 8) s8)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "loadswine"I have to say that you have done a superb job with your Roadster, it certainly seems just the job on track. Nicely judged set of mods and nice video clips, enjoyed those!   s8) 8) s8)

cheers for the comments loadswine

It has been a long time coming but its finally somewhere near how i imagined it 2/3 years ago when we first got it, after alot of blood sweat and tears, but it was all worth it i love these little cars   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

hachiroku

Hi all,

Had another great day at Oulton on the 19th, track was wet this time so speeds were low but it was huge fun learning the car. It was our first proper chance to really get the car sideways and get a feel for how hard you can push on a wet track.

Car ran faultlessly all day, just a couple of small jobs to do over the remainder of the winter ready for the next track session end of Feb/early March:

- Fix timing chain tensioner leak
 - Flare wheel arches another 5-10mm
 - Upgrade front discs and pads (currently running stock)
 - Poly engine mounts
 - Uprated ally rad
 - Underseal

Quick vid from the day:

[youtube:2vmbv8gb]YbjOAWCnrTg[/youtube:2vmbv8gb]

Topdownman

Good videos, especially the last one, more fun than going for lap times I reckon!

Great looking car, black is definitely the second best colour!!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Jrichards20

Because of you I'm now looking into swapping all my blue panels to black ones. This and another black one has shown me exactly what I want mine to look like  s:) :) s:)
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

hachiroku

Topdownman - Thanks for the kind words  s:D :D s:D   To be honest I wasn't too keen on driving on a wet track at first, but by the end of the day I didn't want to leave!

J - That's another great thing about these cars that I hadn't considered before, you can do a complete body colour change without a spray gun in sight!

wafers

Quote from: "Jrichards20"Because of you I'm now looking into swapping all my blue panels to black ones. This and another black one has shown me exactly what I want mine to look like  s:) :) s:)

This is kind of what I'm thinking. Whilst I like my sable, black looks so good with all the toys, like this '2. I need to read back in the thread to find out what engine mods have been done - many, by the sound of it in the clips! Looks and sounds fantastic.   s8) 8) s8)

tomaky

Looks good for 5 minutes. Polish that very flat paint up josh and it will look amazeballs ive got some cracking photo's
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

tommyzoom99

Hi All

a small update on the car not much has happened over Christmas really but now its time to do some of the other bits get the car ready for the summer

we decided to get a new radiator we went for the mishimoto in the end as its triple core which should lower the temps all round and looks pretty good  s:) :) s:)  hopefully over the next few weeks we'll get it installed along with all the other jobs that need doing

heres a few pics of it and some from oulton from December

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

MrStev3

Cage next is it   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
Mitsuko the mr2
federal rsr, lenso spec c wheels, ebc turbo grooved discs, ebc yellow stuff pads, tein springs, omp trs seat, Trs harness, rogue seat frames, k&n filter, stripped out interior, toyo sports manifold, Hardtop, rouge hardtop fitting kit, ultra racing front strut brace, Ultra racing lower rear brace, matts brace , kyb shocks, cobra quad exhaust,P&p cage

Jrichards20

Have you got the coilovers on yet? The MeisterR group buy would be great for the car!!

Just followed you on Instagram, Keep up the pictures of the Porsches! Especially the classics, the old Carreras are my all time favourites!

When is the next track day planned?
Street Triple 765 RS

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "Jrichards20"Have you got the coilovers on yet? The MeisterR group buy would be great for the car!!

Just followed you on Instagram, Keep up the pictures of the Porsches! Especially the classics, the old Carreras are my all time favourites!

When is the next track day planned?

Hi buddy

no coilovers yet im tempted by the group buy but there is a list of other mods that need doing before coilovers are brought, although very tempting ......must..... try..... and....... restrain myself   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  

yeah i followed you back mate  s:) :) s:)  , im quite lucky with my job i get to go to alot of porsche dealers that sell our carbon ceramic brakes when im fitting prototype discs to cars for testing like the new 991 gt3 rs set i have just done, and JZM in london always have a disgustingly nice collection of old and new 911s, i have to admit i like the older Carreras especially the RS ones they have there.

well all going well should be in march april time we'll be back at oulton just got to get through the list of things to do and she'll be ready for the spring

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

tommyzoom99

Hi All

Spent a day over the weekend removing the old rad and air con rad, pretty much the last piece of the original car that had not been improved or made new, and boy where these looking old in the tooth.

Surprised the rad hadn't failed after seeing the state of it, and removed the last piece of the AC, the pump and all the pipe work had gone but never removed the rad.

When we refreshed the front end we never took the bumper off or radiators out, so took the bumper off and rads out and there was a cross member there which had never been cleaned or painted so treated it with some rust eater and the hammerited it.

Then fitted the Mishimoto rad, a very nice bit of kit, although its is very thick so we had to bend the slam panel bit for clearance but i just did it by hand its only thin steel.

just need to finish bleeding the system and putting all the bits back on the car and should be good to go and provide some extra cooling

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Anonymous

Car is looking good. Cheers!

Jrichards20

Lovely shiny frunk!! Need to get mine looking like that  s:) :) s:)
Street Triple 765 RS

tommyzoom99

cheers chaps the front end is finally finished now...........well i say that but probably not   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

s2k_adz

Hey Tommy,

Car looks ace mate! I spoke to you on Instagram last week about your wheels!

hachiroku

Quote from: "s2k_adz"Hey Tommy,

Car looks ace mate! I spoke to you on Instagram last week about your wheels!

Hi Adam,

Thanks bud, It was actually me you were speaking to on IG, myself and Tommyzoom co-own/build the car.

How's the 2zz coming along mate?

Tom.
(Yes we're both called Tom   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

Logan

Well this thread was fantastic, having just bought my first mr2(and a black one non the less) this has given me so much inspiration and introduced me to a lot of the modifications, those side scoops in particular look wonderful.

As an aside, I noticed earlier on you mentioned not being a fan of the seats, I think they look brilliant and I'm already looking for a set. Mine has a set of fabric red seats and being based in Manchester a swap with some money your way would certainly be something I'd be interested in.

Anyway thanks for the inspiration!

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "Logan"Well this thread was fantastic, having just bought my first mr2(and a black one non the less) this has given me so much inspiration and introduced me to a lot of the modifications, those side scoops in particular look wonderful.

As an aside, I noticed earlier on you mentioned not being a fan of the seats, I think they look brilliant and I'm already looking for a set. Mine has a set of fabric red seats and being based in Manchester a swap with some money your way would certainly be something I'd be interested in.

Anyway thanks for the inspiration!

Hi Logan

Glad you enjoyed the thread and has given you some ideas, feel free to pick my brains about anything you like, the side scoops are a great addition for the mr2s think there is a group buy for another set   s:D :D s:D  

Yeah im not a big fan of the seats, the design is cool just not into the leather, are your seats Facelift cloth seats? if they are and in good nick then im sure we could sort out a deal.

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Logan

They are FL cloth yep and in great nick, the ones out of Tricky's car actually. I'm sure i'll be picking your brain plenty, I may also be after some tein springs....

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "Logan"They are FL cloth yep and in great nick, the ones out of Tricky's car actually. I'm sure i'll be picking your brain plenty, I may also be after some tein springs....

sounds good i would be interested in sorting out a deal for the seats then  s:) :) s:)

well im pretty sure your getting the suspension off my car from what Tricky has said to me   s:D :D s:D  

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Tags: