another one bites the dust

Started by peteyb, August 7, 2014, 23:40

peteyb

what a eventfull day!! my gf borrow my car... always scary but she is a dam good driver, glad i got her insured on it, come 7pm she rings, crying, in histerics, some woman decides to jump the lights at a roundabout and ploughed straight into the passenger side of my car  s:( :( s:(  she is ok, hospital said she has major whiplash and soft tissue damage  s:( :( s:(  but as always, its just a car, not screwing to much about it, got 5 witnesses saying the woman jumped the lights, 2 are traffic wardens, 2 are other people, the best witness was the under cover policeman!!!!

its gonna be a write off for sure, taken out the door, window, rear wing, dented the fuel tank no doubt, chassis is definatly twisted coz i couldnt close the roof up without leaning and pulling out it to line it back up, and the ass end looks like its twerking when u drive lol my brand spanking new alloys look like they are suffering serve curb rash

so thats my little rant, another mr2 off the road and destine for the scrappy!! sad times  s:( :( s:(  would post pics but i dont know how lol

MOD: Post edited

shnazzle

Sad news. Hope the gf recovers soon. Soft tissue damage is no joke. Took me 6 months to get over the extreme discomfort

Edit: eek I wrote wife not gf  s:) :) s:)   call it a premonition.
...neutiquam erro.

spit

Ow. Not nice.

Thankfully these '2s are willing to lay themselves down to look after their occupants. Hope your gf makes a full and speedy recovery. Pamper her rotten   s:D :D s:D
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Treboeth

Sad times   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

But as said as long as the girlfriend is ok cars can be replaced,

Thankfully with enough witnesses the insurance claims should be a bit easier good luck.

onion86

Definitely doesn't sound good, hope gf makes a quick recovery and glad the 2 did a pretty good job of protecting her.

At least there were the best group of witnesses possible so you shouldn't have too much bother sorting out insurance.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

peteyb

Hopefully will be a swift process, never had to claim before, its only my 2nd car and 2nd year of driving  s:( :( s:(  hopefully she will be ok, she defo gonna be sore in the morning, am waiting to get screwed over by the insurance company tomorrow tho, im only 4 months into the insurance, and got 300quid excess, but its defo a write off, to much damage for them to repair  s:( :( s:(  big bunch of flowers for the gf tomorrow aswell!!

Kaeo

I wouldn't worry about the excess if you're claiming the others persons insurance  s:) :) s:)

Wabbitkilla

Ah, bad news but glad the cat took the brunt of it and not your gf. Cat can be replaced, give your gf a big hug and be grateful.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

At least your mindset is right dude, and your partner is mainly ok.

That must be a tough call to receive, especially as she was in tears and in hysterics.

Hope everything goes ok with insurance, and hope your partner gets well soon.

Don't let it put you off 2 ownership  s:) :) s:)

nathanMR2

Sorry to hear about this. There's some pretty careless drivers about these days.

Glad your gf is reasonably well
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Joesson

That was a real life good news / bad news story!
Hopefully that is the bad news bit over and your gf gets better very soon.
Sorry about your car, but as above even a 2 is replaceable.

peteyb

Dont worry, ill be getting another one asap  s:) :) s:)  she is veru sore this morning and for abit of humour ive got her 2013 ford ka.... With a powered by fairy dust sticker on the boot and pink seat belt cover lol ill be driving the long way to hers to make sure im not spotted lol

cabbydave

Your joking just when you had the car looking nice. Hope your GF gets better soon but don't forget the metal side of it when she gets back driving she will s... herself every set of lights worth money on the compo. Did you ever get round to wrapping het Fiesta pink?

Two's Company

Always gutted when I hear of a totalled 2. Your gf is more important though. Hope she recovers soon.

peteyb

i know man, the alloys had been on less than a day!!! yeah, wanted it done the roof in sparkley glitter hot pink hahaa  s:) :) s:)  she is abit sore today, been signed off for the next week, and defo going full banana on the compo for sure!! spoke to insurance company today, cars a write off without them looking at it, and they found out they look thru autotrader to assess the pay out price, good news that the mr2 roadsters have rocketed in price since the weather changed  s:) :) s:)  and the cream for me is the courtesy car.... and i mean cream!!! they rung, told me it will be delivered tomorrow, sometime between 11am-1pm, asked what car as u do, coz i aint rocking in a micra, turns out they are dropping a gt86 off!!!!!! as its like for like and that the closest toyota do  s:D :D s:D

puma2

always sad to here of a decline of a 2 going to heaven(bless my black one)

human life is the most important to come out of this alive, recovery takes time and helped with flowers  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
its good with some many witnesses that are very creditable should save time and hassle with the claim.  s:) :) s:)  

keep us informed on how the gf is getting on and how the claims pan out for you all.

hope your time in the gt86 brings some smiles to you all  s:) :) s:)

gaffer1986

Sorry to hear about that, hope your girl friend doesn't hurt too much and gets better quickly. Every cloud has a silver lining and a gt86 is a silver lining in deed.  :-) :-) :-)

peteyb

cant wait for the gt86, always lusted but always to expensive lol

Joesson

Quote from: "peteyb"cant wait for the gt86, always lusted but always to expensive lol
The like for like on insurance does not hold good for all insurance co's and you have to give the loan car back.
So I suggest you need a plan B rather than total your car to get a gt86  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

loadswine

Hope your girlfriend continues to feel better and glad the car protected her.
Was it local to Sutton, just out of interest?
GT86 is a fun bit of kit, so, yes a bit of a silver lining. Just don't sound too pleased about it in front of your girlfriend.  s;) ;) s;)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

peteyb

Was on rosehill round about, i live near st helier, but pleased to say my gf is a true car girl, even she amazed they are giving me, she just  spiss piss spiss ed she cant drive it lol just sitting here waiting now, eyes lingering at the window, but gotta go work after it turns up!! Noooooo!!! Lol

loadswine

Ah! I know it well, hate that roundabout. I live just down the road as well.
Send her our best wishes. The GT 86 will be there ready for you later, something to look forward to!  s;) ;) s;)

peteyb

its a horrible roundabout, the 4x4 was coming up bishopsford road, my gf was sat at the lights infront of the COOP car park exitin the left hand lane, 4x4 jumped the lights big time, straight into the passanger door/ rear panel and shot her 6ft up the road, ended up in the middle lane for sutton, i litterally run from my house ( tintern road ) up to the roundabout!! havent run that far in years!!!

loadswine

Strewth, that must have been scary. I go past that a lot, as I'm only a little way off Wrythe Lane myself.
These things are rotten and I hope you get a good resolution quickly.

peteyb

scared the hell out of her, was driving her to the doctors to get the gp notes and bits, every time a car came to the left of her she paniced, she loves driving, a bigger love for cars, but this has defo given her a shock, glad she is ok(ish) could of been worse, it was a ford kuga 4x4, lucky it never went over the mr2, would of took her head off, it dwarfs our cars

Tags: