another one bites the dust

Started by peteyb, August 7, 2014, 23:40

jinxedkitten

Best wishes to gf, hope she has a speedy recovery and regains her confidence soon!
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

Bernie

Think it's the worst possible scenario the result of someone else's bad driving causing a prang is now in most cases going to be a write off.

Main thing is your GF is ok and hope she recovers quickly and the insurance company sort it amicably
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

SteveP

As you have said as long as your gf is ok that is all that matters.
I hope you enjoy the GT86, would be interested to know your thoughts on the loan car as my wife prefers the ride in the Mr2 to the GT86

tricky1138

Another one to add to the list of support. Hope your gf is ok and recovers from this.

It'll take time,  been there, done that. Best advice is for her to get back in a car and drive again to get her confidence back.

Cars can be repaired / replaced, people cannot.

Ps, enjoy the 86 while you have it and let us know what you think!
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

peteyb

Ok, bearing mind its a courtesy car thats probably been ragged to hell and back, so its gonna be abit loose, but in my honest opinion, if i paid 25k for one id be dissappointed, looks wise its stunning, but power wise, its basically a big mr2, but id go as far as to say my preface, no bracing mr2, with 195/45, 215/40 r17 toyo px4s out handles it, but could be  sshit shit sshit  tyres on the gt86, power wise, id say its a tad faster, but nothing major, but if u hav kids, or you want a boot and its a rather large boot at that then get one, if u pay 10/12k for one ud be happy, went shopping and got loads in with room to spare, mpg isnt bad either, could do with a slightly stiffer suspension or maybe abit of bracing, seats are amazing, mines got the keyless stuff which is rather cool, usb ports, touch screen media, auto headlights (hids) so toys and creature comfort the gt86 wins hands down, but fun and that go kart like handling the mr2 takes the lead lol the gt86 get alot more heads turning tho  s:) :) s:)

Richard41

I was glad to get back in my 2 after a test drive, if I was running one car a GT86 would get a look in but didn't do much for me as a toy, as you say looks great but lacks grunt.

Sorry to hear about your 2, hope your OH makes a speedy recovery.

peteyb

Totally agree, im getting another mr2, after that a 350z but if the pitter patter of tiny feet ever appear id get a gt86, its like a almost practical mr2, maybe the hks version tho, has alot more gogo to it lol

tomaky

Bad time buddy hope for a speedy recovery.

Eurgh i only here bad things about 350z.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

Anonymous

Quote from: "tomaky"Bad time buddy hope for a speedy recovery.

Eurgh i only here bad things about 350z.

We own a 350z it's an fantastic car

tomaky

Ive heard a positive review  s:) :) s:)  haha
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

Anonymous

Quote from: "tomaky"Ive heard a positive review  s:) :) s:)  haha

There we go, you can't say you've never heard a good thing about them  s:) :) s:)

tomaky

Hehe certainly cant. From reviews ive read/watched and also owners ive spoken to they tell me there quick in a straight line but there lazier through cornering lurching about abit.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

Anonymous

I suppose it depends what you want from a car; ours replaced the Mr2 (it's a roadster too) but an mr2 it isn't!

tomaky

Aii its got the power upgrade often people want but nothing else can give you the fun the smile  s:) :) s:)
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

loadswine

I do enjoy a good v6! But I went a different route for practical/ fun/ swiftish- ness! Fwd though, so not many on here would do similar.  s;) ;) s;)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

peteyb

I love the 350z, loads of poke, tasty handling, not as good as the mr2, but the masses would never believe u lol and good for 450bhp on stock internals  s;) ;) s;)

tomaky

Big powerrr! Hmm i watch them Chris Harris videos and that was one the videos that i thought was a bad 350z review however that is a 370z how similar are the 2 cars out of interest?
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

jinxedkitten

How's the gf doing?
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

peteyb

she's abit stiff, cant move her head, been laid up in bed all day in agony, so bought her a new fluffly pillow and some bits to cheer her up, only thing she has the hump with is the gt86 coz she wants a go but cant move lol had the solicitors ring yestaday from the insurance company, so the claim is all in motion now, and the salavage people rung her today to say they are ringing tomorrow to arrange collection of my mr2  s:( :( s:(  she keeps saying sorry and her eyes well up whenever she thinks about it  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Poor girl sounds like she's in pain and really cut up about smashing your car.

Sounds like your looking after her, good on you for taking it all so well  s:) :) s:)

peteyb

Its only a car at the end of the day, and wasnt her fault either so cant screw her out for it, tbh i wouldnt be mad even if she was trying to drift, coz its just abit of shiny mr2 shaped bit of metal  s:) :) s:)

jinxedkitten

Sending her hugs, guessing its going to be a few days before she's up and about, but as Merrrk says, looks like you're taking the best of care of her. Get her to log in here and we'll do another story to keep her entertained  s;) ;) s;)

peteyb

Ill get her to sign up tomorrow  s:) :) s:)  i told her u all keep asking if she's ok  s:) :) s:)  ill get her on when she awakens  s:) :) s:)

StuC

Quote from: "jinxedkitten"Get her to log in here and we'll do another story to keep her entertained  s;) ;) s;)

What? More badgers?!? Oh dear.

I can remember after someone drive I to the back of my car at speed I had awful whiplash. My Mrs thought it was very funny that once I had sat down on our low sofas that I couldn't get up off them.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
It's surprising how much you use your neck muscles.
Hope the next few days start to become easier for her.  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

peteyb

A badger??? Lmao shes ok, if she was a plum i wouldbt ask her to lol

Tags: