17" alloy wheels Calibre

Started by Markb1983, September 30, 2014, 20:29

Markb1983

I am buying a new set of wheels and am very keen on a set made by Calibre. Does anyone have an opinion, good or bad on this make?

Also I have had differing opinions on size of tyre. Plenty have said that going the same width all round is perfectly acceptable however the opinion of many on here is that staggered is best. If I am going for staggered, they have suggested 205 front and 215 rear.

I am also just a wee bit concerned that the car will feel a bit sluggish with bigger rims on. Anyone made the switch to 17" rims and felt much difference?

Breakz

Don't know about calibre wheels, but there is a reason these cars came out of factory with a staggered setup and I think it would be best to stick to it.

As for being sluggish, it depends on how heavy the new rims are over standard.

Re 17's, I run 17's on my mk2 turbo and you will get tramlining on some roads. I've often considered putting my tubby back on 16's because of this.

With my mk3 (my daily drive), I will be sticking with refurbed stock rims to ensure it's an easy drive as Mr T envisioned it would be!

Rob988

I personally noticed no difference in changing from stock to 17's. I've just changed from 7.5 to 9 on the rear and again there has been no negative effect in my opinion. However the car is far from standard so that may have something to do with it.

Tags: