2zz engine number location

Started by Kimitech, November 1, 2014, 09:09

Kimitech

Hello,

As title says, does anybody know where the engine number is located and how does it actually look like? I would appreciate a real photo of it.

Thanks

Regards
Kamil

So far, I´ve found this Toyota guide.So, people with 2zz can you check this out and bring some photos?

Escy

Kimitech

Amazing, thank you very much.

Assuming this is going to be rather complicated to legalize the 2zz unit in MR2.
If Toyota dealer don´t give me an official announcement of eligibility to use 2ZZ unit in MR2, than I don´t know what else to do.

Escy

If you're in the UK it doesn't matter?

Kimitech

I know, happy people there.
Here are things a bit different. How do you asses feasibility of making the numbers look like 1ZZ?

Escy

Your location says London?

What's the test, who's checking and what exactly are they looking for? You could quite easily make a 2ZZ swap look factory so they wouldn't know it's not the original engine. If they check the engine number as part of the test you could maybe grind the 2 out and etch in a 1. It'd be crude and they'd probably notice it. You could cake it in oil and dirty so it's not easily to read. Maybe just grind off the lot and say you don't know where the engine number is?

Kimitech

I´m from Czech Republic actually.
Yeah, basically as a part of MOT they check the numbers (VIN+engine) if they match those written in "technickal certificate" of the car.

If I wouldn´t get the permission from the Toyota, I would probably grind the lot and restamp it somehow.

Tags: