The Mohair roof thread

Started by Mike G, December 7, 2014, 19:59

puma2

Quote from: Chilli Girl on April 14, 2021, 11:29I hadn't noticed Paul that your A-posts had been wrapped before?  Your hood looks very smart. ;D

yes it is recent wrap in lockdown as i need some on the the rear grills to make them look a bit better so got the windscreen  surround done as well to make the job up for them.

barchetta_ms

Does anyone do a replacement roof that keeps your own rear window?

Topdownman

Quote from: barchetta_ms on April 15, 2021, 01:12Does anyone do a replacement roof that keeps your own rear window?

The swansea guy uses the window from the last roadster he did as it takes half a day to make a roof so I doubt he wants the workshop full while he is making the roof. He makes the roof ready for you so you just turn up and it is fitted in a few hours.

When I went to have mine done he spotted straightaway that my heated rear window didnt work so he does check them. I asked if thsat was a problen and he said no, he would just fit it to the next mx5 roof he did where he replaces the plastic one but they dont have the heater on.

I imagine they all companies work this way but cant see that they would risk losing all that money by using a window that wasnt good and would lead it to be rejected by the customer.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

MisterK

Quote from: Ardent on April 13, 2021, 23:12On behalf of @puma2

You cannot view this attachment.

Your car is looking very smart, as usual Paul & the new roof looks good too.  I agree with previous comments 'if the car is in show condition & your baby, then it's worth spending the extra'.  My roof is still original & virtually like new.  As I've had the car from new I 'trained' the roof from the beginning, so no ears and it is always folded gently & correctly.  Now that it's a 'show' car & always been garaged, it only goes out on dry roads in summer with the roof down and it has a hard top on in the winter....the softop is permanently folded down, so no wear 😀
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

Tags: