Winter car cover

Started by Dougster7, December 14, 2014, 16:53

Dougster7

Looking for a decent car cover but bit bedazzled by the amount of different ones on offer. Any info on a good one that won't scratch the paint and crack with cold temps etc would be greatly appreciated.
2ZZ by Rogue

loadswine

I have used the ones made by Coverzone, over several years. They are very good and they honour their warranty, should you have an issue with it.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Dougster7

Thanks for the quick response, being a novice on these covers I presume it's the same as everything else....you get what you pay for. Had a we're look at Stormcover site and £172.50 sounds about my tops for what I'm willing to spend, but worth it if it does what it's meant to and looks after the car. Take it you've not experienced any scratching from these covers Loadswine?
2ZZ by Rogue

loadswine

No scratching for me, but it was essential to only put the cover on the car when it was clean and dry. I think I tried the stormforce and monsoon covers, over several years. You have to watch out for cats though, their clawing can ruin a cover in a short time.  Yes, there are cheaper ones about, but I couldn't speak for them really.
I think I went through a couple of covers over the 5 years I owned my red one. Kept it looking nice though.

Dougster7

You've convinced me...sold! I'll settle for one of these  s:) :) s:)  Again, really appreciate your advice, thank you
2ZZ by Rogue

Msp

l viewtopic.php?f=9&t=52384 l

This was and is my experience so far! Not good.
2 less :(

loadswine

I really wouldn't bother with the lightweight one, unless its kept in a garage for most of the time. Any cover will move around in really high winds, you just have to put up with that. They are good, but not magic.
If in doubt, speak to the manufacturer, as to suitability. The ones I had, came with two understarps, which were sufficient most of the time. Big storms and you need to be vigilant, but thats the same with your house really.

Anonymous

I got one from cover kings, very happy with it

Richard41

Had a stormforce for a few years and very pleased with it, no issues with scratching & the design + straps means it will stay on. I don't actually use it much in the winter unless there's snow forecast for a few weeks, don't like to put it on unless the car is clean & dry which doesn't happen much this time of year   s:( :( s:(  

It is very useful for cleaning the car before events and covering it up until the day   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Mikeymead

Quote from: "Richard41"Had a stormforce for a few years and very pleased with it, no issues with scratching & the design + straps means it will stay on. I don't actually use it much in the winter unless there's snow forecast for a few weeks, don't like to put it on unless the car is clean & dry which doesn't happen much this time of year   s:( :( s:(  

It is very useful for cleaning the car before events and covering it up until the day   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

+1
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

andyroo104

I have a summer & winter storm force cover and would not use any other cover,great in lightweight and heavy.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Dougster7

Wow, wasn't expecting so much guidance on this so thank you all for helping me. I'll put it through it's paces up here in snowy Scotland  s:) :) s:)
2ZZ by Rogue

redcarblackhorse

I am using this one off ebay - no issues so far - but as a generic one the size is not perfect so I am using bed straps (again from ebay) to hold it down in the strong winds.
 m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331168957559 m
 m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130723293160 m
1999 MR-S with a few tweaks!
Circuit de catalunya
24 Heures du Mans
Thruxton
Abingdon Track day

Tags: