Headlight interchangeability (EU vs. UK)

Started by Kimitech, January 2, 2015, 12:02

Kimitech

Hello,

is possible to use UK spec. headlights (facelifted) in a left hand driven country? I mean if there is enough play and adjustability to streamline the light beam on the other side.

Thanks

ChrisGB

I would say no. The beam shape has a section that is raised on the side nearest the kerb.. This is different for cars used for driving on different sides of the road.
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

mrzwei

As above. Not sure of your particular circumstances over there but RHD cars visiting mainland Europe are supposed to fit 'eurolite' stickers or use tape to deflect the beam.
If it's a long term solution you need them I'm not sure of the legality of that there if the car has to be tested.
The German or French roadster clubs may be able to help
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Kimitech

Yes, clear enough.
Just make me curious what makes the typical like hockey stick shape of the beam. It may be just a small bit, which could be easily modified or changed.

Tags: