Removing seats for clean. Any advice?

Started by alij100, February 9, 2015, 19:45

alij100

Got the day off tomorrow and after only owning my 2 a week I'm looking to remove the seats and give them a good clean and sort out the slightly worn bolsters. There black leather. I'm taking the seats out and putting them in my conservatory as it will be very warm in there making the leather better at absorbing the creams.   Any advice for getting the best results cleaning thee seats?

Paul

cabbydave

Easy enough job undo the 4 14mm headed bolts disconnect the wiring plugs under the seats and lift out carefully. It might be a idea to pull the hood down a bit to give you more space

alij100

Apologies I meant advice on cleaning the seats. Iv worded this thread wrong.

Paul

winger

Hi Paul,
have just done mine,used Gliptone gentle cleaner and Gliptone conditioner.Looking at your seats bolsters you might need some colourant.I used The Scratch Doctor leather repair compound for any deep wear marks finished with a colour restorer conditioning balm before a couple of coats of conditioner.
Regards   Neil

alij100

Thanks Neil. All done today and very happy with the results. Took the seats out first a and put them in my conservatory where I have a large heater waked up the temperature. First gave them a warm soapy wash surprising how much dirt came off then waited till they were completely dry then used a leather cleaner followed by a leather black dye where it was worn on the bolsters. Built up a few lAyers so the scratched  areas disappeared then left to dry. Finally added a few coats of leather conditioner. Seats came up like new!  While they were out i hoovered out the 2's interior don't think that had ever been done before found £2.65 in coins!  :-) :-) :-)  bolted seats back in and cleaned up all the interior trim. Looks like new now.  Lastly forgot to take pics sorry I realise this thread is useless without pics.   But one very happy 2 owner with a fresh interior.    s8) 8) s8)  

Paul

Tags: