Have we sent a petition to Toyota? If not, should we?

Started by StephenBennett, October 13, 2004, 11:41

Liz

Please note the following in relation to this thread:

Any problems individuals have with their cars should be taken up with their respective dealer. The club will not get involved or put its name to a petition to Toyota. It is not believed that this will be of any benefit to either individuals or the club in the eyes of Toyota. We know that they read on this website in anycase hopefully that they take the views expressed by you on this thread into consideration. The name of the club is not to be used in any correspondence to Toyota GB or respective dealers.

Thankyou
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

StephenBennett

Quote from: "Liz"Please note the following in relation to this thread:

Any problems individuals have with their cars should be taken up with their respective dealer. The club will not get involved or put its name to a petition to Toyota. It is not believed that this will be of any benefit to either individuals or the club in the eyes of Toyota. We know that they read on this website in anycase hopefully that they take the views expressed by you on this thread into consideration. The name of the club is not to be used in any correspondence to Toyota GB or respective dealers.

Thankyou

I wasn't suggesting us using the club name.

I love the 'hopefully'  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Companies wont do anything to improve their product until customers complain in an organised way. I find it amazing that people can spend this much on a car and just put up with the problems. Toyota have had 4 years to do something about the MR-2 problems and they have ignored them because it is easier to do so and pay off individuals.

It's too late for us: The MR-2 isn't going to be changed in any way in its production run and I'll have to tell the people who buy my car off me that there is a chance the engine will explode some time in the future.

But maybe we can help the next generation of purchasers - which will include us of course!

Regards

Stephen

Anonymous

The problem of corroding wheels and brake hubs are not limited to MR2s. My two year old RAV4 is also suffering from corroded wheels and hubs and although the dealer is happy to replace the faulty parts, if the fault hasn't been corrected then the fault will continue, I have noticed this problem on LandCruisers and Yarisis too. I can't comment on the precat issue as the engine is a Diesel

Anonymous

Quote from: "StephenBennett"Companies wont do anything to improve their product until customers complain in an organized way.
You mean like we did over here years ago with the Chevy Corvair. By the end of its run, all the problems had been corrected - corrected in the new cars, which didn't really help the current owners.
Quote from: "StephenBennett"But maybe we can help the next generation of purchasers - which will include us of course!
Yeah, we helped the next generation by ensuring they couldn't buy a Corvair because it had been discontinued.
Hey, wait a minute, the MR2 is being discontinued. Maybe we already won?

The "big three" US auto makers lost huge market share to the Japanese back in the '70s and it wasn't through anything organized. We wanted quality and found manufactures who could deliver. Detroit initially countered with government regulation and tariffs and found out that it didn't work because we were still willing to pay for what we wanted. Their only alternative was to actually work on the quality of their product.

If you are really dissatisfied with Toyota, then hit them where it hurts - don't buy another Toyota.

Just don't expect any help from me - I love my car (of course I may change my mind if my engine blows up).

Tags: