oh how i laughed

Started by wotugonado, March 7, 2015, 17:38

lamcote

You could swap your tyres for ones with a slightly higher profile or go wider with the same profile? And/or reduce weight in the car. Remove the spare tyre? Struggling to think of anything else.
Silver 2004 MR2 -  Unmodified but very shiny.

loadswine

I remember when I had the Trial kit on my V6 roadster, I had to run at stock height to keep things anywhere near sensible. Even at that height, i had to take 2 bites at the driveway, to minimise the angle of attack. Like the look, but having a kit like this does bring little headaches with it. The frequent repairs and respraying bits were a challenge too.
So my advice would be to get around stock ride height. It will still have a low appearance, due to the kit.
Good luck with it and don't give up. You are almost where you want to be.  s;) ;) s;)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

andyroo104

I have similar issues with mine,I have to drive on and off the drive at an angle to prevent scraping,also lowered 30mm on stock suspension but have only ever had an issue with one speed bump.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

StuC

Was it this one Andy?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

andyroo104

Lol,I think that one would take out all bumpers on any car.

wotugonado

Think it may have to go on the back burner again for a bit, which is a real shame. Think im going to try some coilovers which were on the to do list, just a lit further down the order. What do you guys think of fitting rear spats and sideskirts without the bumper as i really need to get them out the garage. And I know the money I have put aside for the spraying will get put to something less exciting like a dishwasher.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

StuC

To my mind, fitting the sills and spats sets you on your journey to fixing the drive issue, to enable the front bumper. It might look a little weird for a while but that's OK.
Have you checked that you don't have an issue with the spats and the kerb?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

andyroo104

Rear spats should not be an issue as my jdl rear sits a lot lower than rear spats with no issues at all.

wotugonado

Nope not yet, i was gonna try them yesterday but the bumper issue threw me.Hopefully they should be fine as they hug the original bumper and dont add much extra to the underneath.Good to hear the jdl dont cause a problem means the toyotas spats will be a doddlefingers crossed, looks to the heavens
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Tags: