Wind deflector up with hood up?

Started by MarkNI, March 26, 2015, 14:51

MarkNI

Hi, just a query, glorious sunshine yesterday warranted the top down and wind deflector up, however with Northern Ireland predictable weather it soon bucketed down so a mad dash to get the hood up I left the deflector up, would this cause any problems to rear visibility/damage the hood in any way? Never noticed anything yesterday...

Thanks, MarkNI
@marky_zzw30 😎

Dave2002

Don't think its a problem mine stay up all the time.
Blue 2002 sold
Going back to the Blue Oval

tomaky

Not really, mines been up all winter.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

ShieldsOnTour

I don't remember last time mine was down
One of *them* cars....
[strike]C-one front end & side skirts, TTE spoiler, TTE rear bumper inserts,  Anthracite post-FL wheels on Toyo T1R. 6-speed box. Cobra Quad exhaust. Red leather. Lowered. TTE style bar.  And lots of shinny ....[/strike]

nimrod

I might try that myself, as I have to tip the seats forward to raise the wind deflector and the same when I lower it......

tomaky

I have the same, im not massively tall im knocking on the door of 6ft but the celica seats are bulky.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

StuC

Mine is up all the time too. The only real issue trying to raise the hood in the rain, it gets int he way a little. Nothing that cannot be overcome, by actually turning around in the seat!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

ShieldsOnTour

Quote from: "StuC"Mine is up all the time too. The only real issue trying to raise the hood in the rain, it gets int he way a little. Nothing that cannot be overcome, by actually turning around in the seat!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

To get the hood up I found that I pop the catch and the hood springs open about an inch - I can then just reach back with my right arm and grab the right hand corner of the hood to pull up. No turning round involved.
One of *them* cars....
[strike]C-one front end & side skirts, TTE spoiler, TTE rear bumper inserts,  Anthracite post-FL wheels on Toyo T1R. 6-speed box. Cobra Quad exhaust. Red leather. Lowered. TTE style bar.  And lots of shinny ....[/strike]

Eastsoutheast

I leave mine up all the time, it rattles sometimes but never gets in the way.

wotugonado

Mines up permanently due to the frenzy bar being in the way, no issues.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

nimrod

Quote from: "Eastsoutheast"I leave mine up all the time, it rattles sometimes but never gets in the way.

I had an annoying vibration for months and could not tell where it was coming from, I took the wind deflector apart and tightened up the internal allen screws and hey presto, it sorted out the vibration, lovely.  s:D :D s:D

Tags: