Greddy emanage tricked into open loop

Started by Davegtst, March 30, 2015, 14:35

lamcote

Any chance of a recap on the piggyback situation? My memory is telling me the following:

EMB without TPS trickery is of little use?
EMB with TPS trickery still doesn't go into open loop, but works better than without it? (If so do we know why?)
Does TPS trickery still work as well on EMB after several weeks?
EMU also needs TPS trickery to work?

Is the above correct and is there anything else you have learned?

Thanks
Silver 2004 MR2 -  Unmodified but very shiny.

shnazzle

EMB without TPS trickery is of little use?
Not necessarily. I haven't tried this yet but there was a link I posted a while back from the Celica forum about "tuning out" the LTFT changes.
This is a good idea regardless. It's very simple but time consuming.
Clear ecu. Drive around in closed loop for as long as you can while logging LTFT and rpm on obd2 and rpm on the EMB.
Then just match the two up and where the LTFT goes up, remove fueling from the associated cells and where it goes down, put more in. Drive around. Rinse and repeat until LTFT stays as close to 0 as possible. Days of tuning.

EMB with TPS trickery still doesn't go into open loop, but works better than without it? (If so do we know why?)
It does work, but it's not as black/white as hoped. There are brief situations where the car remains in closed even though the trick is active. But overall, it definitely works.
Does TPS trickery still work as well on EMB after several weeks?
Yes, but only because of the map. Answer is the same as in the first question. Need to tune out the closed loop areas. The trickery increases the amount of open loop area, but doesn't remove it all. It's the idling/cruising areas where you have to get the map spot on 14.7 AFR
EMU also needs TPS trickery to work?
Yes. My mistake at first. It's just that the EMU has a MUCH better map to use. The vtec map only lets you define areas where vtec kicks in and it's all inclusive above it.
Whereas on the EMU you can specify exact load and rpm ranges where it's active and not.

I won't run without the trickery, but I definitely need to find time to tune out the closed loop LTFT compensation

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
...neutiquam erro.

lamcote

Thanks for the info. I suppose the complication with option 1 is that there are several variables involved in Toyota's algorithm so any particular load/rpm cell in the mid range will sometimes be addressed in open loop and sometimes in closed loop, according to the influence of the other variables being used.
Silver 2004 MR2 -  Unmodified but very shiny.

shnazzle

Indeed. Which I guess is why the guy suggests you do it a couple times. Tune it, reset the ecu and do it again to make sure the LTFT stay down.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: