Rear spoiler

Started by Anonymous, July 24, 2003, 10:36

Anonymous

How much should i be looking to pay to get the toyota rear spoiler painted and fitted to my '2?

It's the small straight one that sits right at the back that i'm interested in.

Cheers

GSB

Ask your dealer. If you've got a new car on order, he may be able to do you a deal.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Kris has the rear sports spoiler down as £156.94 (unprimed ex fitting).  So a safe bet is probably close to double that... Buuuut, I think the thing you're talking about is actually the "bumper extension"... and I don't know how much that is I'm afraid (probably a bit cheaper, as it's smaller).

Anonymous

Buster has the rear spoiler version on his car... im guessing it came with it though. I 'think' the one that i listed is actually that new wide-boy one that sits near the roof.

Anonymous

The bumber extension is the two small pieces that go either side of the rear bumber.

The small spoiler is called the 'rear spoiler' and the other, wide boy one, is called the 'sports spoiler' I think.

What are the metal scuff plates like? Are they anygood or should I go for an aftermarket alternative?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lee"The bumber extension is the two small pieces that go either side of the rear bumber.

Correct.

Quote from: "Lee"The small spoiler is called the 'rear spoiler' and the other, wide boy one, is called the 'sports spoiler' I think.

Thats the one that Buster has... IMHO i dont think it actually looks that good when you see it in the flesh (no offence Buster mate!)... but best thing to do it call your dealer i guess.

Quote from: "Lee"What are the metal scuff plates like? Are they anygood or should I go for an aftermarket alternative?

They look ok, but i think they are overpriced for what they are. Lockwood do some (i think Hardcore has these) or there are the J-Spec ones that Craig has recently fitted that look the business!

Anonymous

I got a quote on the 'small' spoiler from the toyota garage near to where I work.

Painted and fitted = £320!

I'll see what the dealer I'm buying my '2 from says, although the one near work did say (when I told them I had a '2 on order else where) that that was the 'top end price' and to come back and try and negotiate if I wanted it done.

Don't like the wide boy spoiler, think it's too much, but the smaller one is a bit more subtle and kinda looks like it should be there (the true test of a good mod I reckon).

Anonymous

Ah my mistake.  Apologies for adding to the confusion.  As to £320, it's amazing what a bit of plastic can cost.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lee"I'll see what the dealer I'm buying my '2 from says, although the one near work did say (when I told them I had a '2 on order else where) that that was the 'top end price' and to come back and try and negotiate if I wanted it done.

I was told the same when i asked about prices by the sales woman... they want your business so you can negotiate the all in price - always handy to know!

Anonymous

Just out of interest, do any of you guys have the fuel cap surround thingy?, if so is it any good?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lee"Just out of interest, do any of you guys have the fuel cap surround thingy?, if so is it any good?

get the cheaper option... cover your car in glue and drive through the accessory section of halfords... will look just the same as what your thinking of doing!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Comer

I was tempted by the fuel cap surround but you have to buy the scuff guards as well and I already have the carbon scuff guard film.  I was going to buy the set and then sell the guards but never got round to it.

I kinda like the colour of my car from the side with only the indicators and wheels breaking up the black.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Why not get one like this?

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I have ordered the small lip spoiler for my 2 it was about £300 well worth it for arodynamic stability  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

only joking im just a poser!!!  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Yeah, is that what yours is like? I guess even with a wing like that you could still slam into curbs sideways  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lee"Yeah, is that what yours is like? I guess even with a wing like that you could still slam into curbs sideways  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Touché   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Touché   s:) :) s:)

Nah, seriously Kris, just bouncing some ideas for 'subtle' mods around.

Most of this is hot air, I kinda get the feeling that when theyhand over the keys on the 1st of september I'll love the car just the way it is!!  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Just feel like a kid waiting for christmas to come now!  s:D :D s:D   and boy is it dragging   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

GSB

Quote from: "Lee"Most of this is hot air, I kinda get the feeling that when theyhand over the keys on the 1st of september I'll love the car just the way it is!!  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Nope, You'll be after different badges, different speakers, coloured brake calipers, a different exhaust, a new air intake, more power, stickier tyres, lower suspension, a stiffer chassis.....

The list goes on and on and on and on...
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lee"Nah, seriously Kris, just bouncing some ideas for 'subtle' mods around.

Thats not another dig about the curb is it?!?!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I know what you mean, but when i picked mine up i was just soooo happy. Now ive added little things like the door sills (carbon ones) and the J-Spec mud flaps (thanks to Mark for getting & fitting them)...

IMHO the filler cap surround looks like something r00d boys would do to their corsa's.

If you want to see what the spoiler is like, i have some shots of Busters i can post here if ya want?

Im also getting my sisters scanner tomorrow so I can scan the accessory list in and either give you a copy (if your going to JAE) or post it on my site for you to download if that would help?

Anonymous

I have the accessories catalog thing from the dealers, it's just hard to tell what looks good and what doesn't from the limited pics.

I like the look of the filler cap thing on a silver car but think it may be too much on black. As for the scuff plates, they are functional as well as looking good. What do you make of the carbon effect ones and how much were they?

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Lee"I have the accessories catalog thing from the dealers, it's just hard to tell what looks good and what doesn't from the limited pics.

I like the look of the filler cap thing on a silver car but think it may be too much on black. As for the scuff plates, they are functional as well as looking good. What do you make of the carbon effect ones and how much were they?

Yeah, the filler cap thing is ideal – if you want to make your car look like an MGF.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

DP

Anonymous

Lee, from personal experience, I would go with the metal ones. I bought the carbon effect scuf plate covers and they are a nightmare to put on. They are just like kids stickers that just stick to the plastic with a special glue and some cleaning fluid.........

And they just wouldn't stay plat when trying to stick them down. I managed to get one perfect but the passenger side was pants. Ended up having to get an extremely fine syrynge needle from work to pop the air bubbles in it to make it flat. See, once it has been stuck down, you can't pull it back up to reposition it. They do look good when done, but they are a lot of hassle.......

Anonymous

Quote from: "Darth Paul"Yeah, the filler cap thing is ideal – if you want to make your car look like an MGF.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Seems like no matter what I say someone is gonna disagree with me. Freindly bunch huh.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lee"I have the accessories catalog thing from the dealers, it's just hard to tell what looks good and what doesn't from the limited pics.

Here are the carbon ones i fitted at the weekend...

I think they look great - John is right, they can be tricky to put on, once they are stuck its hard to get them off... but the end result i think looks good. They set me back about £30 inc vat and only took a couple of days to arrive at the dealers.

GSB

Quote from: "Lee"
Quote from: "Darth Paul"Yeah, the filler cap thing is ideal – if you want to make your car look like an MGF.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Seems like no matter what I say someone is gonna disagree with me. Freindly bunch huh.

Very friendly as a matter of fact, never before have so many complete strangers been willing to help me out, or me them, as here on ROC.

Dont confuse friendliness with opinion. The chrome filler surround is a piece of crap that belongs in the halfwit section of Halfords. Thats my opinion... Nice car, welcome to the club. Thats me being friendly  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: