my 2zz swap

Started by vtifan, June 13, 2015, 16:29

vtifan

my 2zz swap is getting closer,i finished stripping my spares banger mr2 lastnight not that there was much worth having as it had sat outside for 4 and a half years unloved,i do break cars for a job but i dont like to break good cars but this one was only fit for scrap, so now i have a spare 1zz engine sitting for the engine swap parts,so on tuesday i am planning on getting the celica t sport engine out and get some maintainence done on it,then start swapping the bits over to get it ready for fitting in my mr2.
        I plan on taking plenty of pics and sharing as much info as i can and maybe getting some help along the way from them that have done this a good few times,starting point is a facelift 03 plate with a six speed box,handy but planned lol,engine is alive but burning lots of oil not so handy but also planned lol cheapest facelift mr2 i could find apart from damaged, £1300 quid at my door with a hardtop and 17 inch wheels.
      This is going to be a basic 2zz swap for now anyway,list of parts is

early celica 2zz engine,box, ecu, key,transponder all from the same running and driving car,simples why complicate things having to match ecus etc

gearbox swap parts from my facelift mr2 again simple no need to go buying swap parts from toyota or usa

engine bridge mount and water pipe blanking caps from patrick,headcase on here,very friendly and helpful even supplied me with a wiring diagram FOC

exhaust is going to be re-angled celica manifold with either a 2 1/2 inch single exit system or as i have just aquired a cobra dual exit which i think is 2 1/4 might try to mate midpipe to that

intake i am not quite certain on yet,have an hks filter but not sure whether to buy a maf housing from lotus parts or just buy a cheapo ebay 2zz celica kit and chop it up to make it go where i want

so plan for this week is to get the celica engine out and take all the parts off the 1zz that i need to swap over,fuel rail,idler pulley,knock sensor if needed,maybe sump.
    also planning to relocate battery to frunk and bin the aircon as i live in scotland and have a convertable car i am more in need of heaters than cold air lol,weight reduction is part of the longterm plan anyway so might as well get this sorted while i am there.
    I think thats me pretty much sorted unless anyone can think of anything i might be missing,thanks for reading and any input is much appreciated,cheers Pete

Anonymous

Sounds good I'll be watching.

If you are getting those bits from Patrick, why not get the maf housing from him too?

vtifan

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Sounds good I'll be watching.

If you are getting those bits from Patrick, why not get the maf housing from him too?
i got the bracket and caps a few weeks back,didn't really fancy the plastic maf housing though,nothing wrong with it, I just like shiny shiny   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Haha fair enough  s:) :) s:)

Tags: