Twisted seat belts.

Started by Wilky1974, June 30, 2015, 19:53

Wilky1974

.... I am having a few problems with the seat belts on my 2004 ( 54 reg ) MR2 Roadster. The seatbelts are twisted   s:( :( s:( ! So when the buckle is in place the belt is twisted ( either across my lap or as it passes over my shoulder ). Both of the belts are the same! I have tried totally extending the belts and even unbolting them near the seat base but to no avail! Has anyone had this problem before? I did a search but could only find one reference where someone said they had fixed the problem but didn't say how. Any comments or advice appreciated  s:D :D s:D .

s12vea

My passenger side belt is the same, I also can't correct it any advise could help both of us
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Tomo70

I had this when I first got car. Could not understand why belt would not fully retract.

Removed bolt at base of belt next to seat, pulled belt out to its limit, then with perseverance got it sorted. Only suggestion I can offer.

Tom
🚘Just a pass time to break the monotony

Wilky1974

.... cheers Tom. At least I am not going mad!!!!  s:D :D s:D  I have removed the bolt once as I thought that would be an easy fix but I couldn't get it right. Will have another go at weekend and be a bit more patient. If I sort it I will post back.

shnazzle

Had the same thing on the driver's side. Me and tricky1138 sorted it when we were swapping plastics. Took some doing
...neutiquam erro.

andyroo104

I had this on my car and managed to twist the belt in the buckle clip,the elongated bit that the seat belt feeds through,took some doing but managed in the end.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "andyroo104"I had this on my car and managed to twist the belt in the buckle clip,the elongated bit that the seat belt feeds through,took some doing but managed in the end.

I did the same thing on our car when we first got it

Wilky1974

Quote from: "andyroo104"I had this on my car and managed to twist the belt in the buckle clip,the elongated bit that the seat belt feeds through,took some doing but managed in the end.
.... thanks mate. Do you mean you twisted the belt as it runs through the buckle?  s:D :D s:D  I tried to do this today but it just seems impossible. This is really doing my head in now"   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

andyroo104

It was a while ago that I did mine but I remember folding the seatbelt to form a triangle then forced the buckle down to rectify the problem,a bit fiddly but definitely possible.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Wilky1974

.... okay, that make sense. I will give it another go. Thanks very much  s:D :D s:D .

Wilky1974

Quote from: "s12vea"My passenger side belt is the same, I also can't correct it any advise could help both of us

.... well just a quick update. Managed to sort this on both sides today. Just a case of removing the plastics at the rear of the seat which reveals the seat belt mechanism. I could then see that the belt was twisted and it only took a couple of minutes to straighten this out. My seat belts are now without twist and they retract fully when they should. Result! Another job ticked off the list!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: