20K Service Query

Started by Anonymous, November 8, 2004, 20:45

Anonymous

Hey guys,

Car is due 20k service and called local MrT in Hull and they quoted me £200, i thought this was expensive and they said its because Toyota reccomend that the brake fluid is changed - is this true?

Cheers

kanujunkie

just had mine done this week and they didn't do mine  s:? :? s:?  

cost me £180 by the wey
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

GSB

Brake fluid change is time based rather than mileage based and is done every 2 years.  Mine wasnt done until the 30,000 mile service, but yours may be due. How old is the car?

Phone around and get some other quotes, but dont forget to ask for a 20,000 mile service plus Brake fluid change, as its not automaticaly included sometimes/
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

The car is an '03 i think i got it in May/June......

£200 with brake fluid change is good price then?

Well £198 they quoted - dealer was "Hull Jon Roe" btw

GSB

I had my brake fluid changed in February, and most Toyta dealers were quoteing between £40 and £50 for the job, on top of the service price.

By that token they are charging you soething like £150 - £160 for the service, which, although it is a "major" service in the schedule, isnt actually that major. Ask them to price the job down to £175 all in and it'll be a fair price... If he wont do it (Dont worry, he will) then go elsewhere, or just call back tomorrow and speak to a different service tech. They wont turn work down unless they really have to, and at £175 for an hours work, they'll still be making a comfortable profit on the service.
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "GSB"although it is a "major" service in the schedule, isnt actually that major

you can say that again Grant  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

GSB

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "GSB"although it is a "major" service in the schedule, isnt actually that major

you can say that again Grant  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

although it is a "major" service in the schedule, isnt actually that major

kanujunkie

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

**First post, but I've been lurking for some time... **

Our 02 MR2 just had its 20k service last week (it's only actually done 8k miles, but is just over 2 years old).  It cost £282 including brake fluid change and having the tyres re-sealed onto the alloys (3 of the 4 were losing pressure due to not being sealed correctly... apparently?!). I thought it was expensive, but just figured it was about right?  Maybe I've been ripped off a bit...  The dealer was RMB Toyota on the outskirts of Ingleby Barwick, Stockton.

Also, just wanted to say how useful I've found this site, especially the forums.  I've already changed my air vents for the new style ones thanks to reading about it here, and the car's booked in next week to have a misted headlamp unit and two slightly corroded alloys replaced under warranty, none of which I would have realised were known problems without this site.  So, thanks again!   s:D :D s:D

Tags: