The Bullseye Buildthread

Started by Pandasuit88, August 2, 2015, 17:04

Pandasuit88

Hello!

First things first, admins if I've put this in the wrong place let me know! New here and couldn't spot anywhere for build threads!

Now! Getting on with it! Hello! My name is pandasuit and I have just purchased my first mr2 roadster and it is amazing. It's a 2004 facelift model in saple grey (the best colour in my opinion...joking...not joking  s:D :D s:D ). I am based in Leicester in the Midlands and purchased the car in Sheffield! The drive home was a lot of fun! The car handles great and is nice step up from my previous NA MX5.

I will be using this thread to show updates of mods I do and maybe put in a few how I did it pictures. I have named the build bullseye as it's got bullseye on it plates (I think it might be a garage in Sheffield or around that way).

I look forward to showing you my build and getting to know the community!

Ps88

MarkNI

Welcome pandasuit, that's a good looking Roadster you have there!   s:D :D s:D
@marky_zzw30 😎

Pandasuit88

update 1

So I've only had the car for a bit but a few things have been annoying me. First of all. My headlamps were looking very cloudy. Unsure whether it was condensation on the inside or ir just in need of a good polish, I decided to get the autoglym out! And polished for about 10mins.

Before

After

Pretty happy with the result. However after going back to it a few days later there was condensation in the lamps. I reckon I'll need to get the bulbs out and blast them with a hairdryer. At least it looks slightly better!

Next little niggle for me was the amount of badges on the car! So I needed to declutter it with a good old fashioned de badge. For this I used a heap of wd40 and saw through the glue with dental floss. After I had to remove the debris by rubbing a towel on it. Not gonna lie was a right pain in the bum and took a lot of elbow grease! However very happy with the end result.

Now to tackle that massive arch gap..

Pandasuit88

Quote from: "MarkNI"Welcome pandasuit, that's a good looking Roadster you have there!   s:D :D s:D

Thanks bud! I'm chuffed with it. Nice to have a clean/tidy car. My MX was rotten and had terrible paint!

mr.tourette

off to a flying start... welcome chap

Joesson

Not the usual "Welcome" section but nevertheless Welcome and enjoy, which you seem to be doing already.
Please don' t miss out on the new owner checks as they are the fruits of sometimes unhappy experience, once you get them cleared and out of the way I guess you will become a keen modder, again lots of suggestions on here.

greeny

Hi there and welcome, bullseye is a spares shop theres many around these parts my guess is previous  owner
had new plates made by them! welldone on ditching the mx5 for a proper roadster lol its a friendly bunch on here
With a wealth of knowledge and support.
pfl black-aircon-hardtop-black leather-tte banana-tte style bar-official toyota uk bodykit

Leethesparky

Welcome.... Enjoy the car!
MR2 mk3 2001 -- done some stuff to it.
My car thread---http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=53643
My YouTube channel---- https://www.youtube.com/c/spyderlee

Bernie

Welcome along nice looking 2 and some jobs ticked off the to do list, just get the hardtop off !!!

Take some time to read through the posts for newbies at the top of the welcome section

Search function is your friend too and don't be afraid to ask we are a friendly bunch
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

andyroo104

Hi and welcome.  :-) :-) :-)
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

s12vea

Hello and welcome
Another one won't hurt  .....

Anonymous

And here's bully's special prize!....

Welcome, like the name of your car / thread

Agree the sable is best, after blue of course. Keep the updates coming and enjoy your car!

Jrichards20

Do love Sable, looks absolutely lovely when its all polished up. Definitely the best colour!  s:) :) s:)
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Pandasuit88

Thanks all for the very warm welcome!

Just logged on on my computer and all the pictures are sideways   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Was working on my phone. Shall try and correct this in future posts!

s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

They work ok on mine

Jrichards20

Sideways on mine  s:) :) s:)  I just turned my head  s:) :) s:) . Did you use photobucket to upload them? I never usually have a problem uploading from my phone.
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Leethesparky

They were ok on my phone yesterday but sideways today... strange
MR2 mk3 2001 -- done some stuff to it.
My car thread---http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=53643
My YouTube channel---- https://www.youtube.com/c/spyderlee

Pandasuit88

Wow i really haven't been on here for ages. Just moved house and have neglected the car a bit. Now i'm settled i have started making progress again. I recently have serviced the car myself and have fitted some Tein lowering springs. The car looks much better now that its sitting lower, apart from the odd scrape in the car parks i'm loving it. I have recently got a front splitter too that i am waiting to fit. Hopefully add a little bit of aggression to the car. I will post pictures when done.

Now i'm in two minds of what to do next. I am thinking of putting it in for a 2ZZ swap but need to save money (bloomin mortgage and responsabilities). I would also like some new wheels as the OEM are really small. What have people gone for? What do you think about a refurb of the OEM ones in a bronze? Think it would complement the gray. Let me know what you think!

Hext007

What do you think of the teins? The benefit of stock wheels are they are light compared to cheap aftermarket ones, so unless your getting known light wheels they may be best avoided, all the various experts reckon unstrung weight has a big influence on the way a car drives. I believe the lotus Elise swap is popular, 16/ 17's, and a good offset if you get the Toyota engined ones. Also lotus follow the same philosophy on weight. Where did you get the splitter?

Felix_5

Nice thread, agree it's probably the best colour, although there's a few I like. Pandasuit, that's not really your real name is it?! (Apologies if it is!!)

Pandasuit88

I did not think about weight, looked at the lotus wheels not really sure if they are my cup of tea. Would love some rota grid V in bronze but no way can afford them. £800 for wheels or £800 towards an engine swap...is a no brainer!  s:) :) s:)  

The teins are great, nice drop and not at all crashy. Easy to fit and well made product. I'm happy with them. Still need a proper alignment to see if it has made a real difference in handling but has in no way been detrimental (apart from the odd scrape).

Here is the car on the Teins (sorry for the quality/angle):

This is the splitter that i got:

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/toyota-mr2-ro ... SwstxVdfJf m

Have not unpacked it fully yet so cannot talk about quality or fitment but will do when I have it on. Will get a few pictures!

On a side note, another little mod i've done is adding these patches on the seats. Got them from Status:Error. Cool little add for little money and add a bit of character to the cabin. Has anyone ever ran harnesses on the oem seats? Does anyone know about Grommets/plastic parts so you could run harnesses?

My names Andy btw!  s:) :) s:)

shnazzle

Hi Andy. Great looking car! Best color by far of course hehehe...

I'm going to move this thread to the Reader's Rides section of the forum if you don't mind.
...neutiquam erro.

Pandasuit88

Quote from: "shnazzle"Hi Andy. Great looking car! Best color by far of course hehehe...

I'm going to move this thread to the Reader's Rides section of the forum if you don't mind.

Yeah of course! Still fairly new to the forum thing so still not sure of etiquette (and how to get pictures the right way round! hahaha)

shnazzle

Just realised that I've welcomed you to the forum but you've been on here since August 2015 haha!

... Slow weekend..
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: