Toyota Touch Up Paint

Started by Anonymous, July 24, 2003, 15:56

Anonymous

Has anyone tried Toyota's own brand touch up paint. I was wonderering how it compares to other brands and how much it costs. I'm after the Crystal Silver which I'm not even sure if they do yet as it is the new colour silver.

Anonymous

Quote from: "M25 Nomad"Has anyone tried Toyota's own brand touch up paint. I was wonderering how it compares to other brands and how much it costs. I'm after the Crystal Silver which I'm not even sure if they do yet as it is the new colour silver.

Im sure they will do it - they have to have the paint to cover your car in it.

Anonymous

That's very true. But I only wanted a little tube of touch up, not a 6 litre tin of the stuff !!![/quote]

Anonymous

I bought some the other day, a small metal bottle of the stuff, probably about 2fl oz tops, £5.

It did take the dealer 3 weeks to get the stuff however.

filcee

I got a tin free with my 2001 model.

I have been told I will get a tin with my new car.  It's definitely on the list of things to check before I sign for it.

I have used the paint that came with my current car.  It's ok - not at all 'gunky' on application, though I would advise you use a fine brush.  I also polish it flat with Autoglym polish when it has dried.  I have found that it does 'fade' after a few washes, especially if you use one of those pressure washers/jet wash (I don't make a habit of this   s:) :) s:)  ), as a result I have found I need to go back over some of the spots done previously.  This 'fading' might be because I never bother to make sure the polish/protector/wash'n'wax or whatever are removed before I use the touch-up paint, which I guess would be the proper way to do it.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Chris

well, just for completeness, I got two small cans of touch up paint with each of my new cars.  Haven't got round to testing it yet though
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

That's interesting.
So are toyota admitting their paint finish is crap by giving away touch up paint with a new car, or just being nice?

J

Chris

guess that depends on how cynical you are!!!  I viewed it as quite a nice gesture - saves hassle mixing/matching paint later on...

Besides, the pot is tiny and probably nowhere near enough to cover up all the stones chips one is likely to accumalate!
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: