anyone had plastic repairs and scratches tidied up well ?

Started by Anonymous, May 29, 2003, 10:57

Anonymous

Having had 2 perfect years with my silver car, I seem to have suffered a rash of vandal scratches and idiots over the past 6 months, so now my car has:

- long key scratch starting on front wheelarch, and running to back of the door
- 6" deep key scatch on bonnet (my touch-up/langka doesn't look to bad)
- rear bumper has split on flat piece just below number plate - I assume someone touched it with a tow bar whilst parking, edge of bumper is unmarked.

I don't want to get panels resprayed due to cost, and fear of colour/finish differences, but wondered about trying one of these chips away vans, or a plastic welding place to tidy these up.

Anyone have any good bad experience of this, and an idea of cost ?

James.

Anonymous

I've just had a ChipsAway repair done to my rear bumper. Damage was three small scrapes on bumper corner and wheel arch. Quoted £85 pounds.

He filled it in perfectly and matched the paint ok. But the final lacquer finish? Could not match it at all.

Mine is Astral Black, so it's incredibly shiny and reflective, so any imperfection in the finish shows up right away. A different colour like silver might be fine ... he was certainly claiming that was the case.

So my experience is not good.

Mark

dancarbon

Can recommend Car Spa in Thornaby, Teesside if you are in the North,  where yes, it is grim (well, sunny today), and everything is in Black and White. Man.
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

Scratches and Scuffs (SAS) in Leeds are great for minor paintwork and alloys repairs.  They do a mobile service in the Leeds area too.

--H--

Tags: