Latest mod... wife button

Started by Anonymous, July 24, 2003, 21:18

Anonymous

Having gone from the lagoon blue 2000 to a 2003 island green, my three pet hates on the newer model are:

(i) ariel comes up when head unit is powered irrespective of mode (CD/radio/TA/TP/RDS/EON etc), I only listen to CD's so don't need an ariel

(ii) the reverse beep

(iii) the coin holder

My solution... the wife switch  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

So the wife likes listening to the radio, and wants to know when reverse is selected - in it's current position both are disabled - flick the switch before she nabs my car (mainly on sunny days) and she can listen to radio 1 and beep in reverse till the cows come home.

Also it got rid of the naff coin holder!

Will it invalidate my warranty - don't care  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Mike

Anonymous

Flipping excellent.

You should wire it to the ejecter seat and make a proper wife button LOL  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

Very clever, I like it!   s:D :D s:D
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Chris

interesting, as i just had a blanking plate there on my '03 spec.
I thought the coin holder was us/j-spec...

i take it you have cut the wire as per the post a while back and wired it to the switch then?
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

SteveJ

Quote from: "Chris"interesting, as i just had a blanking plate there on my '03 spec.

I hope that being an SMT your car has the 'girlie mode off button' AKA 'VSC Off' in the position show in the picture.

Anonymous

Quote from: "stevej"
Quote from: "Chris"interesting, as i just had a blanking plate there on my '03 spec.

I hope that being an SMT your car has the 'girlie mode off button' AKA 'VSC Off' in the position show in the picture.

Not too sure what you mean (?VSC) - my '2 is the '03   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  manual  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:   complete with six gears, reverse beep, wide rear tyres, ariel that won't go down, CH (see below) and big, big grin (it's my second MR2 - and I love it).

BTW - coin holder was standard on my '03... (I'm keeping it for warranty purposes in case removing it causes 'another' crash).

To disable the ariel, I removed the driver rear bin, and spliced post-relay (easy) I think it was Jon H who told us how to disable the reverse beep (again wiring to a switch - easy).

BTW on the '03, I know how to disable the door open and lights on beep...

Mike

BTW - Apexi CA induction kit is on it's way (can't wait)

Chris

don't worry Leahcim, that post was directed at me!!

Too right Steve, I do indeed have the trc off button there - hardly use it, so that's why i forgot it - plus it was late!!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:) :) s:)  

So, manual 03 guys get a coin holder huh - i'm sure i can live without it though...

the beep that's really annoying is the bong bong sound when you have the key in and the door open - i sometimes think my car is a frustrated musician, with some of the noises it comes uot with...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: