Andy's Mk3 - 2GR V6

Started by ayresyboy, September 22, 2015, 19:49

jeffsimply

What a car. Makes me want to be silly/sensible come bonus time next year and take a trip to Scotland!!

What sort of power/torque figures do you have? Are the gear ratios on the Mk2 box different to the Mk3 and do you still have a LSD? Assume it's a bit more 'lively' after that engine!?

jeffsimply

Oh and another +1, I would totally buy one of those centre consoles if someone made a nice copy. Ideally where the cup holders could hold a 330ml can of coke as I'm pretty sure the standard ones cannot.

Flat top for the armrest so one could put some cushioned leather there too wouldn't be a bad shout!

ayresyboy

Quote from: "jeffsimply"What sort of power/torque figures do you have? Are the gear ratios on the Mk2 box different to the Mk3 and do you still have a LSD? Assume it's a bit more 'lively' after that engine!?  Flat top for the armrest so one could put some cushioned leather there too wouldn't be a bad shout!

It's about 300 horses and the same again in torque.  Standard mk2 turbo box has a 4.2 final drive, I have the 3.9 fd from a st185 celica gt4. I still find it too short for car that's used daily.  For a summer toy / track car it would be fine. And yes I have an LSD.  There is actually a lot of grip. I have 245/35/17 tyres and properly set up Meister R coilovers. I have the arm rest that Dominik was doing on the facebook group just haven't shown the photos yet.
SW20 Gen4 Turbo // SW20 1MZ V6

jeffsimply

Quote from: "ayresyboy"
Quote from: "jeffsimply"What sort of power/torque figures do you have? Are the gear ratios on the Mk2 box different to the Mk3 and do you still have a LSD? Assume it's a bit more 'lively' after that engine!?  Flat top for the armrest so one could put some cushioned leather there too wouldn't be a bad shout!

It's about 300 horses and the same again in torque.  Standard mk2 turbo box has a 4.2 final drive, I have the 3.9 fd from a st185 celica gt4. I still find it too short for car that's used daily.  For a summer toy / track car it would be fine. And yes I have an LSD.  There is actually a lot of grip. I have 245/35/17 tyres and properly set up Meister R coilovers. I have the arm rest that Dominik was doing on the facebook group just haven't shown the photos yet.

I seem to be late to the party on everything!! (Got my MR2 and joined last month)

Don't suppose you could link the arm rest ??

Also I see you're in Kent- are there any meets/events that happen down south? Although my woman would definitely object to me hanging around V6 MR2s for inspiration if she worked out the cost haha.

Once again mate, that car is superb! 300horses and torques must be manic when it wants to be. I bet 3rd and 4th are a riot!

Jrichards20

Jeff, not sure if what your after but look at this.  l viewtopic.php?f=8&t=44657&hilit=rover&start=30 l  

Second page at the bottom, followed onto next page. Went to a scrap yard, found a rover 45. Unscrewed the armrest and screw it on top of console. Cheap, easy and simple.
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

cyclehead

Quote from: "ayresyboy"No heel and toe. The go fast pedal also sits too high. Would love to see a photo of yours.

I hope I'm not wearing you out with the throttle mod!  I shot a video last weekend just for fun.  Mounted one camera on the rear to catch exhaust noises, and the other to show my sock feet.    The throttle works great for me - even with shoes on.   The surface of the plastic gas pedal is at the same level as the clutch and brake pedals.  Then when you press the brake, the little piece of pipe is just even with the brake pedal, right where you need it.  Hope you enjoy the show  s:) :) s:)

https://youtu.be/TzalbFz5sdE
2002 SMT in Yellow
2001 2GR swap in Black

MR TWO

Looks great, sounds fantastic driving it must be amazing !
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

Tags: