Re-trim

Started by Anonymous, July 25, 2003, 10:39

Anonymous

I think I read somewhere, it may of been the autoexpress website, that toyota now do a 'custom leather' option for the interior.

I'm asking because I didn't specify leather as an option on my new car and was wondering if anyone new what this was.

Also has anyone had there car retrimmed? Leather and alcantara, like in the Audi S3 etc, would be nice in a '2.

Anonymous

I've seen one red '2 with what I think you mean.  In this case, rather than just he plain black leather it had red "sections", to match the exterior.  It looks rather swish.  As I recall leather is a £500 option, and custom leather £625 or something close to that.

Anonymous

You need to see SteveJ's car... he has had a leather retrim and it looks the dogs!!!!   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

So good when i get some money i an going to get mine done (not the same colour, but by the same chap!)

Anonymous

Do you have any pics of that Kris?

Anonymous

Im sure Steve wont mind me posting these up.... (sorry, bad quality photos!)

YUM YUM!

Anonymous

Thats exactly the type of thing I'm after. I think black leather with red inserts would look good on a black '2.

Any idea on the price Kris and who did it??

Anonymous

PM SteveJ - he can give you all the info on price and where it was done.

dancarbon

Is that the cloth seats re-trimmed? Looks good.

Lee: Blimey, you haven't even got it yet and you want to change it all   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

MR2Blue

I too would be interested in getting mine done, when somebody has all the details could they please post them.

Anonymous

There is an artice on Spyderchat about changing the inserts to leather. Its quite easy and the instructions are clear. I dont have the link, but you wont have a problem finding it.

Tags: