I've created a monster truck! And some other problems.

Started by Jrichards20, October 30, 2015, 16:15

tomaky

Aimed more to Josh a think Rich.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

ray835

s:scared: :scared: s:scared:   :scared   m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/f360-inspired ... SwT5tWJf-e m      lol
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

cabbydave

Just lower it and give it a bit more negative camber on the rear and it will be fine. If not get the arches rolled a bit

Jrichards20

Suspension has dropped since changing wheels. Looks a lot better!!! With some flared arches and coilovers, high possibility it might look ok. Will take some pictures tomorrow  s:) :) s:)

Also the put some more air in tyres and warmed them up and the noise quietened down so good news all around  s:) :) s:)
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

J03

Quote from: "Jrichards20"
Quote from: "J03"Yowza!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Arch extension time... go fetch the grinder.

Never done anything like that before. How am I going to fix this haha?

Me either bud, but after seeing the below recently it could be on the agenda. 17x9 et 20..

The Silver Shed - 2zz Rotrex ........  viewtopic.php?f=88&t=53969

Jrichards20

Had a couple of offers on the lotus forum. So think I will get rid of them. Probably too big and heavy anyway.

Will look into Rota 15". Hopefully will be a lot lighter, but offer same amount of grip if I can find the right tyre sizes.
Street Triple 765 RS

shnazzle

Quote from: "Jrichards20"Had a couple of offers on the lotus forum. So think I will get rid of them. Probably too big and heavy anyway.

Will look into Rota 15". Hopefully will be a lot lighter, but offer same amount of grip if I can find the right tyre sizes.
+1
...neutiquam erro.

4dvti

Here's something to give you an idea of what 15s would look like and then with some 225/60/15 rear tyres.

190whp/143wtq & 12.7s 1/4 mile- naturally aspirated on r888s.

Jrichards20

Jesus, why such a large rear profile?
Street Triple 765 RS

tomaky

Its for the strip i believe.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

Jrichards20

Makes sense now  s:) :) s:)  

Guess il be lowering it quite a lot then to get rid of the arch gap  s:) :) s:)  ohh well haha!
Street Triple 765 RS

Alex Knight

You could have some material machined from the mounting face of the wheel to increase the offset and tuck the wheels in more.

ChrisGB

Quote from: "Alex Knight"You could have some material machined from the mounting face of the wheel to increase the offset and tuck the wheels in more.

That's going to be a lot of metal. Some wheels can tolerate maybe 6mm, but they need closer to 25mm removing.
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Jrichards20

Quote from: "Alex Knight"You could have some material machined from the mounting face of the wheel to increase the offset and tuck the wheels in more.

I was thinking about that and I do like the size from the side view. But seeming as I am building the car for performance, I think the wheels are a bit heavier than stock, due to the larger size and tyre size, and I really don't want to be increasing the unsprung mass.

If I can get a good price for them, I think the money will be better off spent on some 15' rotas, don't know whether you can get 15x7 in rotas? For 225 tyres to go on. If not, 15 front 16 rear Rotas and keep the same tyre sizes.
Street Triple 765 RS

keljon

Quote from: "J03"
Quote from: "Jrichards20"
Quote from: "J03"Yowza!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Arch extension time... go fetch the grinder.

Never done anything like that before. How am I going to fix this haha?

Me either bud, but after seeing the below recently it could be on the agenda. 17x9 et 20..

Any more details on the car in the pic?
mr2 2zz with T-Sport gearbox and 8200rpm Celica ECU, DIY lightweight exhaust, K&N Typhoon induction, MiesterR coilovers, Rear Strut Brace, Underbody brace, EBC Yellow stuff and braided hoses all round, Rota slipstream 16x7 6kg a corner, Lightweight optima battery, spare wheel, tools, radio & aerial removal. Wifi ODB2 reader with dash command app for iPhone

kambanen

This is my sons car in a race at Megara circuit.

More info and videos in the Greek MR2 forum ZZW30.gr and here  l viewtopic.php?f=82&t=54737 l .

Tags: