Veilside Kit - Reliable Source?

Started by Anonymous, May 29, 2003, 13:07

Anonymous

My good lady fancies a MK3, now I'm not a fan but I can get around that with the Veilside Kit which I feel really makes the car.

The only thing I can't seem to find is a source for the kit, are there any UK suppliers for Veilside? If not can anyone recommend an overseas company I can trust?

Delightful

Anonymous

BLING!

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Seriously though that kit looks to extend the nose of the car a damned long way, it'd steer like a bus with that distance between the front wheels and the nose of the car!

Try asking on http://www.spyderchat.com for recommendations of overseas suppliers.

--H--

Anonymous

It does change the look of the car a great deal but in a good way IMO - don't get me wrong I appreciate what the standard car offers but I feel this kit offers a touch of class and gives it more of a GT car look rather than a simple toy   s:P :P s:P  

Thanks for the tips

Anonymous

"Simple toy"?!  You want to watch youself matey, you don't want to get banned from this forum as well now do you?!

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

The kit is pretty good actually, I think the bumber is slightly stretched and the side skirts are a little bit touring car but it's a lot nicer than many I've seen.  I have to say I hate those wheels though.

--H--

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hardcore""Simple toy"?!  You want to watch youself matey, you don't want to get banned from this forum as well now do you?!

Ooops, when I read that back it didn't come out as I wanted it to   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I guess I meant it looks more like a high-end car, a Porsche Carrera GT being my obvious comparison, than a regular 2 seater sportscar.

QuoteThe kit is pretty good actually, I think the bumber is slightly stretched and the side skirts are a little bit touring car but it's a lot nicer than many I've seen.  I have to say I hate those wheels though.

Yes the wheels would certainly be different, although just as big.

I'm wondering if I'd be forced to have the Veilside exhaust too actually as the kit seems to cover the exisiting one up?

Anonymous

Body kits and big wheels are fine but to be honest the main attraction of the '2 is it's great handling and performance round the twisty stuff.  I can't halp but feel that by adding a load of weight and great big wheels you'd completely ruin this great little car.

No offence intended I just want you to get the most out of the '2 like I do!  It's a fun car not a poser's car.

s:) :) s:)  

--H--

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hardcore"Body kits and big wheels are fine but to be honest the main attraction of the '2 is it's great handling and performance round the twisty stuff.  I can't halp but feel that by adding a load of weight and great big wheels you'd completely ruin this great little car.

No offence intended I just want you to get the most out of the '2 like I do!  It's a fun car not a poser's car.

s:) :) s:)  

--H--

My girlfriend wants a soft-top, her needs end there really - the handling etc will go totally un-noticed by her and already have another car that covers those areas nicely - I just thought it would be nice to have something a bit different on the drive, there seems to be a lot of MK3s around here, all standard so I want to stand out on the rare days I borrow it   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Furry muff.  What do you drive now BTW, a Supra by any chance?!

--H--

Anonymous

I'm in a transition from MR2 to Supra and thought I'd grap the username before anyone else did   s:P :P s:P

mph

Quote from: "supra"My good lady fancies a MK3, now I'm not a fan but I can get around that with the Veilside Kit which I feel really makes the car.

The only thing I can't seem to find is a source for the kit, are there any UK suppliers for Veilside? If not can anyone recommend an overseas company I can trust?
m http://www.japanparts.com/ m  will ship to the UK and are highly regarded.

I love this kit, though it seems its a Marmite thing.

Do note that as well as the Veilside bodykit ain't cheap (¥572,700), you'll also need their custom exhaust system as well (that isn't listed on Japanparts for some reason). Oh, and you'll need a new set of wheels - some serious costing 17"x10"s I believe and equally expensive tyres to fit them. Apparently, fitting the kit is a big job, and will cost you serious $$. Finally, if you've got a car that looks the part, no doubt you'll need a turbo charger too, in order to shift all that extra weight (especially wheels). Veilside's turbo kit is hugely overpriced (IMO) - but you get the picture...
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

The kits are available from the US of A  or Japan but there is a UK distributer on its way. I emailed Japan about a week ago as I just wanted the spoiler.

e-mail =  e http://www.veilside.com/veilsideusa/frames.html m

Anonymous

Argh! Not my cup of tea at all.

Looks pretty tacky, like some Max Plastic kid has gone mad with his dad's mastercard.

Anonymous

Quote from: "radar monkey"Argh! Not my cup of tea at all.

Looks pretty tacky, like some Max Plastic kid has gone mad with his dad's mastercard.

LOL - odd how kits can be so marmite - I think it oozes class and stops the MK3 looking like a plastic toy and you think the opposite   s:P :P s:P

Anonymous

Well i love it all except for the nose......to Concorde'ish     s:? :? s:?  

Especially love that wing <hint hint>       s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: