Black TTE MR2 from Poland

Started by Tewje, December 16, 2015, 14:28

Tewje

Hi All!

Six months ago I finally made the decision and bought mr2. It's my second car (for longer distances I have BMW E91 320d) and it's brilliant! Tons of fun during every ride. I made almost 10 k km in 6 months which is a lot for a car which was bought as a weekend car.

So, it's a 2000 car with clean history but with some minor scrathes. It had 150 000 km still with pre cats. It was my first improvement - to remove precats.

It was branded with TRD logos. I don't like such ideas so I removed them in first week.

16' wheels were chinese. Although they looked good I decided to change them in near future.

So that's how my car looked like in my first 2 weeks of ownership.

Jrichards20

Looks in great condition! Really want mine to look that shiny!
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Tewje

First thing was precats. Than I've changed OEM exhaust to dual powerflow one. Sounds great. You can hear massive deep noise from 2 rpm. Of course it makes long journeys almost impossible but hey! it's a street fighter not long distance limo.

I didn't like chrome interior additions so I painted central console and arm rests in black

I still have pre facelift radio what drives me crazy - all dashboard lights are amber so green lighted cd player looks ridicules. Need to change it in near future

At this point my last upgreade were lowering springs. 30 mm makes a huge difference

Tewje

What I always liked was red badge on black car. So here it is - red Toyota badge from Celica TS.

After 3 months of searching I finally bought a duck tail. Looks great!

From the very beginning I knew that my mr2 must have 17' TTE wheels. For sure they are bit heavy and very sensitive for all rough roads but they look amazing

I also changed front badge from TRD to standard toyota one.

TRD short shifter was another mandatory upgreade. I also put TRD logo on steering wheel

I also upgreated front lights. They are now xenon lights. Taken from VW Passat. Works fine.
And I've changed side vents for FL ones. I'm not convinced about that modification.

That is all for now. Since my last photo session I bought hardtop, yellow HEL Braided Brake Lines and OEM carbon fibre kick plates.
I'll update my gallery soon.

I need to buy new soft top before next season. And I'm still looking for TTE style bar. In next 2 years I hope to go turbo.  Hope you like it!

Tewje

Few statistics:

Max torque: 166 nM
Power: 143,8 HP

(Stainless Exhaust Manifold + Powerflow exhaust)

V max with soft top - 135 mph
V max without soft top - 130 mph
V max with hardtop - 128 mph
0-60 mph - 7,4 sec

Jrichards20

7mph slower because of a hardtop? I don't believe that.. How was that difference calculated?
Street Triple 765 RS

Jrichards20

Also, what front splitter is that? Really nice.
Street Triple 765 RS

Tewje

Quote from: "Jrichards20"Also, what front splitter is that? Really nice.

It's from Seat Leon Cupra R I gen.

About V max - Hard top is like 20 kg more plus. There could be few other external factors - f.ex stronger wind ect. These are just my records.

Joesson

Welcome.
It' s good to know that a 2000 model has not suffered the oval bore problem.
I' m guessing that it had regular oil changes/ a good service history.
I notice you have fitted HEL brake lines.
Did you have any problem fixing the hoses to the fixing bracket on your car?
In the " What have you done to your 2 today" thread in chit chat and gossip a problem with the fixing couple has been discussed.
Apparently a long standing " problem" but the manufacturer had not been informed!
Enjoy your 2.

wafers

That's lovely. I love the colour of my facelift sable, but I seem to be developing a hankering after a black one!

Micha

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D   Welcome  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D
2001 RHD Silver - Greddy T517Z Turbo - TopSecret Manifold - PTR muffler - PWR CC - Blitz 525cc -  Moroso + Oil Cooler - TRD ShortShifter - Shifter Cable Bushing - JDL Body + TopSecret Fr. Bumper- TRD Strut & Underbrace F/R - Central X bar - ZenkyRacing Coilovers - Rear Arms - Front Anti-roll bar

Bernie

Welcome along yet another black reckon the silvers are becoming a minority colour !!
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

StuC

Blacks were the peoples choice at MR2 last year. Just sayin'
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Tewje

Black is always in fashion!

Hext007

Looks good

Tewje

Few things has changed since my last post.
My mr2 is no more a roadster - now it's a coupe, so hardtop mode on.

Looks great. Even better than cabrio.

Last photo with standard rear bumper

I need to move my licence plate deeper to the front grill. Does it affect air flow?

Tewje

Latest mod. TTE rear bumper inserts. I'm trying to find another TTE parts - like side vents or front bumper. With no result.

Looks better imho

Jock

Great pictures and car looking good.
This post started by Ardent will give some ideas on the plates  l viewtopic.php?f=8&t=57156#p661885 l
No adverse effect on airflow by having the plate on the front grill   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Tewje

Great to read that! I'll move my plate to front grill this week.

Pablojones

Lovely looking 2 you have there, just a shame the steering wheel is on the wrong side  s:D :D s:D

Tewje

I've changed two minor things recently.

1. Door sills with MR2 sticker. Standard one always look incomplete for me

2. I moved licence plate on grill. I hope that it would help me to avoid few tickets.

VidarH

Beautiful car!  s:) :) s:)
Norwegian with a red 00-Spyder. Use it as my daily driver   \":D\"

Tewje

Finally. After 4 months of ebay explorations and one month after purchase I mounted the famous TTE style bar.
Before that I powder painted it in black.

Drilling holes was easy

Rubber rings were a pain in the ass!

Now my MR2 looks like that. I'll take better pictures (these are from iPhone) next week.

Now I need to buy a new roof. Any suggestions where can I buy the best aftermarket one?

Tewje

One more - minor change. I'm not 100% convince that it would stay with me for ever but for now - it looks ok

It's a engine lid mesh. Black one. Bought for 5 pounds in tuning shop

Looks like that. Better pictures soon. It's very easy to install. Took 1 hour.

Jrichards20

If you willing to travel to UK, Pete B is selling his for little over £100. Perfect condition.

Car is looking great mate! The style bar looks really good.
Street Triple 765 RS

Tags: