I've just bought an MR2!

Started by Anonymous, December 2, 2004, 19:44

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "Andy S"Safety grooves 25e

What are these Tem  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:? :? s:?

Grooves near the windshield wiper blades (in the glass that is) that clear them when they pass.
]

You mean a horizontal line cut into the windscreen?  Never seen anything like that.  Are they for clearing ice off the blades?

GSB

This idea has been been around for years, I remember reading about when I was at school.

Heres a quote from autexpress:

QuoteScreen Star A Blade Winner

ere's a 'groovy' idea to boost road safety - a simple cut scored into the base of a car's windscreen that helps keep the glass clearer.

It is claimed that the 0.3mm deep groove above the wipers - but below the driver's line of vision - cleans the blade as the rubber passes over it. It's widely used in Scandinavia and has just been launched in the UK.

Tim Anderton-Tyers, a director of Edinburgh-based Farseer Trading, which is selling the device in Britain, told Auto Express: "It's been used in Finland for 30 years, but has never been marketed over here. I thought it was a simple but effective device, especially with some of the weather we have."

He continued: "Visibility is a factor in a significant number of accidents, and this system addresses that problem." Anderton-Tyers claims there are additional benefits, as the groove means that motorists use less screenwash and it prevents squeaky wiper blades. The emergency services in Britain and the Royal Mail are already among potential clients which are looking into the device's benefits. The Safety Groove - which costs £35 to fit - has received awards from the Traffic Institute of Finland, plus local insurance companies and safety groups.

[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Tem

Thanks GSB!  s8) 8) s8)

Quote from: "Andy S"Are they for clearing ice off the blades?

Not really ice, but all dirt...it seems to keep the glass cleaner and makes the blades last longer.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: