2000 mr2 track car

Started by secla, January 17, 2016, 18:23

secla

Ok so j havnt updated this for a while (I work pretty slowly [PENSIVE FACE])

Created this today

Extra loom for the lift control on the 2zz.
Think I'm going to do the whole loom like this at some point as its a lot cleaner than the horrible plastic and tape covering.

The 1zz is out and gone, just waiting on a couple of bits from mwr then I can drop the 2zz in ! Then onto building an exhaust [WEARY FACE]

secla

Just went back through the thread to see where I had got to so I could do a proper update

Purchased a second hand subframe that had been painted and wax oiled, all solid.
Added to this with hardrace rear toe arms and new cambolts as they had seizure in the old frame

Purchased brand new handbrake cables from Toyota. Expensive but that's pretty much the entire brake setup replaced. Handbrake cables were a pig to fit but all done and dusted now

The kits all fitted. The more expensive body kit doesnt fit well. Not a big deal for me but if I was to buy again I'd just buy the cheapest tbh. Still need to fit the arches. Trying to work out a way I can make them bolt on as they cross over the bumper joins and I would have to cut the archs to make the bumpers removable

I've switched most of the bits needed onto the 2zz now. It's pretty much ready to drop in

secla

I'm going to do a full custom exhaust. I don't like the idea of the other available options. Ppe is to expensive and the other options are a compromise on flow for an easier fit in my opinion !
I'm going for something vx220 style with a dual exit coming out where the number plate should be. Which may mean taking a chunk out of the rear crash bar

secla

Been getting a few things done on the car recently

I've been stripping suspension down to polybush + new balljoint and track rod ends, already have a set of hardrace rear track arms so along with the meister coil overs everything is good on the suspension front ! Im going to pop a 1zz in to try and get a trackday in before christmas

secla

So after making some headway ive ground to a halt once again.
This week was meant to be quite productive as the kids are away for the week, unfortunately on sunday i pulled a muscle in my back so rolling around under cars is a bit of a no no, So ive spent a bit of time ordering more parts  s:) :) s:)
polybushs for the rear, whiteline front anti roll bar with new droplinks and a new steering wheel and boss should arrive soon

Tags: