Why I'm not at JAE

Started by Comer, July 26, 2003, 15:33

Comer

I'm absolutely gutted.  I was on the verge of being physically sick right by the car when I saw it after Thursday night's rain   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    I've posted most of the story in another thread, but basically I called out one of those mobile scuff / scratch repairers to sort out some very minor scratches before JAE.

The cowboys have left hardened polish everywhere and the complete front bumper is dull with new scuffs and the rear bumper is patchy where the overspray has come off.  It is a complete mess and I don't even want to drive the bl**dy thing.

I have been sh*t on from a great height and it cost me £150 too.  I've tried to contact them for a refund but have got no answer, typical.  I may pursue through the small claims court but I have no experience of this and it may cost me more.  These guys would be great to watch on Rogue Traders.  They have even managed to leave blue! paint on one of the mugs that I made them tea with  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    

It's going into Mr T on Wed for 3 days and I'm hoping that after another £364 that it will be ok again.  Having plans to sort it has made me feel a tiny bit better, but it has ruined my planned weekend.  I may attend Sunday because I really wanted to put names to faces of what is a really friendly club.

I have learned a valuable but costly lesson.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   Please don't do the same.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

I hope you do come tomorrow, I'm sure you'll get lots of sympathy, and as you say, meet some of us.

I can see why you are so gutted, what a mess... and to have the cheek to charge you, it's just not on.

I hope Mr T sort it promptly, I'm sure they do.  And as for the small claims court, if you win, it shouldn't cost you a penny.  It'd designed to be simple to use and cheap too.

Good luck.

Comer

Cheers Phil, I've cleaned the car just in case but now it's raining!!!! The sh*t finish may not look so bad with rain on it, the water gives some kind of shine!
Michael

Anonymous

Sorry to hear about your experience and I am sure Mr T will set it back to looking like new.

Anonymous

Gutted to hear about that mate!

Go to JAE if you can - you will have a blast!

Comer

Thanks lads.  I'll be like an expectant father for 3 days next week.  Mr T doesn't actually do it but they send it to their preferred body shop, let's hope it's a good one.  Apparently it's based in Elsenham, Essex and I was tempted to go direct to cut out Mr T's commission but then again cutting corners didn't help me before  s:( :( s:(
Michael

Anonymous

Name and shame these pr*cks!  I am sick of sh*t service in this country.

Sue them!, a small claims court will cost you £50 (i think) to lodge the claim, then this is claimed back...as will the Mr T costs, and cost of hire cars etc.

Anonymous

Jeez....I would be gutted too!!! What a mess!!! Swines!!!

Hope you can do them for everything you can get! Good luck!

markiii

not good. but glad you madeit today anyway mate.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: