Alfredo's track focused blue mr2 spyder

Started by Anonymous, February 6, 2016, 23:11

Anonymous

Hello guys, here i show you some pictures of the build process, many things will be track focused but there are also some appearence related mods. Enjoy.

Anonymous

Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp2zQ3BvOTY
Small video where you can listen the exhaust note.
My exhaust is composed of catless downpipe and a custom muffler which is almost empty.

Ardent

Ciao

Those headlights look scary. I can only imagine what they look like in the dark.
Quei fari sguardo spaventoso . Posso solo immaginare che cosa assomigliano al buio.

This may be lost in translation, but your exhaust, sounds dirty. Which is good. (to my ears at least)
Questo può essere perso nella traduzione , ma il vostro scarico , suoni sporchi . Che è buono. ( Per le mie orecchie , almeno )

I am relying on google translate
Sto contando su google translate

Anonymous

I can understand english there's no need to translate. Actually the headlights aren't annoying for other people but i know they look rice. Too much blue maybe. Anyway i like the look when they are off, so if they fail i will probabily replace the bulb with a white one and in future maybe also the halo with a white one. Exhaust is almost straight, i like to hear the engine without restriction, you can say in which rpm you are without watching the tacho and when you are focused on track it helps to remember you to change gear ahahah

Ardent

Right ho.
The last pic in your first post and the 2nd pic in 2nd post. Sets the stall out.

Looks good to me. Would like to see in the dark.

Are you Italian or just based in Italy?  My money is on the later.

Anonymous

Well i've born in Italy and i'm still sitting here till i won't find a work elsewhere;
The good thing of living here is that you can run on the street almost anything, i could swap an ls3 into my spyder and nobody would even care; not because laws allow us to do, but because cops don't care. Ahah.
Here you can see where i am ahha:

This is for you Ardent, hope you don't mind to see me too   s:D :D s:D  

More pics for my build topic:
Custom intake;
Bought an induction kit for the celica t23 off ebay at about 70 bucks and modified like this;

I like penguins.

Anonymous

Charcoal canister delete:
You need a 6mm internal diameter hose, it will meet gas vapours so it's better be a good hose;
not sure if you get any CEL doing this on a stock ecu, i have pfc so i don't care.

This is how it looks at the beginning:

slide up the canister and remove the 2 hoses:

Remove the 2 hoses, remove the bracket with two 10 mm bolts, and put your hose between the line:

Put 2 cable tie or whatever to secure the hose.

CrazySX

Cool thread buddy! The race is on then to get to turbo  s;) ;) s;)

How have you mapped your car to compensate for less back pressure running no muffling? It's no meant to be good for naturally aspirated cars as you need some back pressure right? Are you running 2.5inch exhaust all the way through?

Anonymous

Not sure but back pressure should be meant to help the air to not go through the exhaust when both intake and exhaust are open. This would happen low rpms. In high rpms, where i stay all the time on track, the air doesn't have the time to escape from exhaust, and the high speed of exit gasses creates a sort of vacuum helping the fresh air to fill the combustion chamber. At least this is what i've learn studying from books. When the exhaust is too big, you will lose also fresh air when the valves are both open, but that would be like a 3 and half inch straight and short pipe, not This case.

cabbydave

Have you seen a RHD Silver face lift SMT roadster in your town? As I sold a Silver SMT to a man who lived in your town. The crazy man drove it all the way home as well.

Anonymous

Someone told me about this guy with the silver smt, is he german?

cabbydave

No hes Italian I think he owns a legal company

MOD - User banned

Tags: