Black MR2 Rodaster 1.8 1zz 2003

Started by Nathan, February 12, 2016, 14:28

Nathan

Hello,

This is my Black 2003 facelift Mr2 Roadster.

Its currently lowered on TTE 30 mm springs.

I have also fitted a Toyo Sports manifold combined with a Cobra quad tipped exhaust system.

It has a very tidy black leather interior which has been well looked after by the previous owners, I have also added a bespoke arm rest made for me by the very talented Dominik.

Next jobs on my list is to tidy the engine bay as due to a change in circumstances the car will now not have to be used during winter.

Other than that I am now looking forward to attending some events and shows during the summer.
Just for reference I also own an E46 330d M-Sport to do my daily motorway commute and I also have a very tidy Kawasaki ZXR-750h2 tucked away in my toy box.

Also I wont be ruling out a possible turbo conversion or a 2zz swap in the future.

Cheers guys... hope you enjoy my photos.

Nathan.

shnazzle

Very nice!
...neutiquam erro.

CrazySX

Nice car Nathan, it seem 2003 was the year of the black ones. Yours looks similar to mine, just missing a duck tail  s;) ;) s;)  welcome to the club!

kiril89

Very tidy car! Will keep an eye out on the streets of Derby for you   s:) :) s:)

Topdownman

Welcome, good looking car you have there!

If you only make it to one event, make it Ding Day, a great way to put faces to the names and look at other ideas for your car.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Bernie

Very nice looking 2 & cobra exhaust too great addition to The Darkside of the club
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

mtgraphics

That's lovely, manifold and exhaust look great, gives me inspiration to upgrade my car.
[centre][/centre]2000 Chilli Red + Black Mohair

dkirkwood89

Great looking car Nathan. How does the toyo manifold and cobra fit together? Easy to join together?
2004 Red Edition, Hard Top, TRD Short Shifter, CBS CDA Induction Kit

Nathan

dkirkwood89

The manifold and rear silencer are separated by the original Toyota catalyst, I fitted it all myself on my driveway using basic tools.
It would be very easy if it were not for seized rusty bolts.
It has a great sound though, its not to everyone's tastes but its not stupidly loud like one of those lads in a Corsa with a big jap style can.
If you are going to fit one I would recommend ordering a few extra manifold bolts and also two silencer to cat bolts as these are likely to snap during the removal process.
Overall they are a very good fit though.

dkirkwood89

Sounds good Nathan. Is the Toyota catalyst working well with it all then?

I will not be doing this for a while yet as I'm in the middle of buying a house and want to change my other car in the summer but noticed your post and thought I ask as I want to go the toyo manifold and either Cobra or TTE exhaust.

Welcome to the club btw   s:D :D s:D
2004 Red Edition, Hard Top, TRD Short Shifter, CBS CDA Induction Kit

Nathan

Yes the cat works fine and passed the emissions test for mot with no problems.

Chilli Girl

Great looking 2 Nathan. I've also got two wheels but not as big as yours!    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Keeping it forever tho as like yours one day it
will be a classic!   s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

ColleyV8

Quote from: "Chilli Girl"Great looking 2 Nathan. I've also got two wheels but not as big as yours!    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Keeping it forever though as like yours one day it
will be a classic!   s:?: :?: s:?:

What bike is it, I sold a  Cagiva Raptor 1000 couple of years ago, another thing I regret, but  weather last year was so bad, I never looked for another one, Yet
2ZZ powered Black MR2

Nathan

Thanks folks..
Its a 1989 model Kawasaki ZXR 750 h2 people who remember them will probably immediately think that's the one with the "hoover pipes" coming out of the fairing!
Its an awesome machine and its still pretty quick even by todays standards, 109bhp from new although she is knocking on for 27 years old nearly so a few horses may have gone off to the glue factory over the years.
Cagiva Raptors are pretty cool... V2 Suzuki sv 1000 motor in those I believe.

I often wonder if anyone has ever fitted a bike engine into an mr2, zzr1400 for instance would be insane!

keljon

mr2 2zz with T-Sport gearbox and 8200rpm Celica ECU, DIY lightweight exhaust, K&N Typhoon induction, MiesterR coilovers, Rear Strut Brace, Underbody brace, EBC Yellow stuff and braided hoses all round, Rota slipstream 16x7 6kg a corner, Lightweight optima battery, spare wheel, tools, radio & aerial removal. Wifi ODB2 reader with dash command app for iPhone

Tags: