ebay cast t3 manifold
sports cat
single silencer with bumper outlet for tailpipe
ebay sandwich plate for oil feed
pace chargecooler
forge dumpvalve
AEM wideband with gauge
Greddy emanage ultimate with pressure sensor
MWR 630 injectors (thanks MattPerformance)
ACT Clutch
ultimate shifter bushes
PU strengthened engine mounts

Hardtop
Facelift front bracing
Matts chassis brace
KYB shocks with tein springs
Rota Grid 17x9 rear, 17x8 front
Braided brake hoses and rebuilt calipers with decent fluid

odb2 bluetooth adaptor with android tablet for torque and racingmeter pro apps

so far costs have been quite low as been picking up used parts where i can
mr2 2zz with T-Sport gearbox and 8200rpm Celica ECU, DIY lightweight exhaust, K&N Typhoon induction, MiesterR coilovers, Rear Strut Brace, Underbody brace, EBC Yellow stuff and braided hoses all round, Rota slipstream 16x7 6kg a corner, Lightweight optima battery, spare wheel, tools, radio & aerial removal. Wifi ODB2 reader with dash command app for iPhone

shnazzle

Well done. Looking forward to the end result
...neutiquam erro.

stupink

Mine got from that stage to on the road pretty quick, looks like most the parts are there now.  mines on the road nearly all the time now if you want a spin to see what they're like boosted.
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

keljon

I have most of the bits, need to order and build the exhaust, just finding the time as putting a bathroom in as well at the moment, yeah be good to see what yours is like, how's the traction control?
mr2 2zz with T-Sport gearbox and 8200rpm Celica ECU, DIY lightweight exhaust, K&N Typhoon induction, MiesterR coilovers, Rear Strut Brace, Underbody brace, EBC Yellow stuff and braided hoses all round, Rota slipstream 16x7 6kg a corner, Lightweight optima battery, spare wheel, tools, radio & aerial removal. Wifi ODB2 reader with dash command app for iPhone

secla

Quote from: "keljon"Rota Grid 17x9 rear, 17x8 front

Are you extending/pulling the archs ?

CrazySX

I am in the same boat as you, except I have a house to redecorate and a 200sx to sort out for MOT before I can fully concentrate on turboing the 2. I don't wanna end up with 2 cars off the road  s:( :( s:(

stupink

Quote from: "keljon"I have most of the bits, need to order and build the exhaust, just finding the time as putting a bathroom in as well at the moment, yeah be good to see what yours is like, how's the traction control?
The TC I'd well worth it at this power level, less so in the summer but in the cold/damp it makes such a difference. It's switchable so if you pop out for a ride I can turn it off
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

Jrichards20

Think I picked up a rear spoiler from you wayyy back! You had a few mk2s didn't you? How long have you had the roadster?
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

keljon

possibly but the current tyres are stretched so no clearance issues (not my doing, i bought them off a member on here)
i may roll the arches when the rubber needs replacing so i can run some wider tyres

Quote from: "secla"
Quote from: "keljon"Rota Grid 17x9 rear, 17x8 front

Are you extending/pulling the archs ?

keljon

Quote from: "Jrichards20"Think I picked up a rear spoiler from you wayyy back! You had a few mk2s didn't you? How long have you had the roadster?

yeah had a few mk2 turbos but always wanted a roadster, bought one and loved the chassis but not the power
had it ages, has paint damage all over from what looks like brake fluid or similar, didnt pay much for it and has a hard top so i sold all the bits i didn't want (fancy head unit, style bar, wheels) which gave me  a very cheap platform to build something better from
had it a couple years where it has been parked up while i concentrated on other things and collected parts

Mark A

Could you give me anymore details on the injectors? EV1 or EV6 and any part numbers?

Mark

jeffsimply

Brilliant!

There's me trying to find a kit for however many grand.

Wish I had the balls to do this!

keljon

i bought them off Matt Performance, they are the 630cc injectors Monkey Wrench Racing sell, plugs need changing but drop straight in

Quote from: "Mark A"Could you give me anymore details on the injectors? EV1 or EV6 and any part numbers?

Mark

keljon

PM domtheplumb
he has most of a turbo kit for sale that i was going to buy but in the end i wanted to change so much of his kit it wasnt much more hassle to just piece it all together myself

Quote from: "jeffsimply"Brilliant!

There's me trying to find a kit for however many grand.

Wish I had the balls to do this!

Mark A

Thanks but I was looking to see of I could source them in the UK and avoid shipping and customs charges etc. I think they are Siemens 630cc injectors but was looking for a part number so I could try to order some.

keljon

i noticed the part numbers are different on the injectors i have so they will be modified items rather than something you can buy off the shelf, best bet for a budget setup is Astra VXR 470 injectors as they drop straight in with a bit of plastic trimmed from the top and cost £50 - £80 for a full set used (search stupinks build thread)

edit.... could be these,  m http://fuelperformance.co.uk/index.php? ... ct_id=5287 m
i will get the numbers off them later for you

Quote from: "Mark A"Thanks but I was looking to see of I could source them in the UK and avoid shipping and customs charges etc. I think they are Siemens 630cc injectors but was looking for a part number so I could try to order some.

Mark A

Cheers, interestingly those are the ones i'd been following on Ebay

keljon

tacked the flexi and sports cat ready for final welding

keljon

most of it done now, just waiting for some small parts to arrive

most of the plumbing is done

air filter installed under rear light

exhaust mocked up

bumper exit

s12vea

It's coming a lone nicely mate. Boost is not far away
Another one won't hurt  .....

keljon

chargecooler RAD fits nicely under front bumper bar

keljon

glass wrapped the silencer and anything near the bumper to (hopefully!!!) stop it melting

emanage ultimate is wired in and working after tracking down a wiring problem, spent ages trying to figure out why the idle was high, i have a bigger maf tube so figured it could be that so tested with the original part, swapped out my o2 sensor (i have both manifold sensor plugs running off one sensor) checked about 10 times for vacuum leaks and in the end concluded it has to be the IAC valve so stripped it all down and yeah seized solid, cleaned and reassembled and idle is perfect when warm at 800rpm

took it for a quick drive and turbo looks to be a really good choice as spools up around 2.5k so should make a really responsive car, clutch is slipping (i have a new one to fit but was hoping i might get away with the standard one on stock boost lol)

Anonymous

This topic gave me a lot of ideas. Thanks dude

keljon

no problem, glad you found it helpful
Quote from: "Baloo"This topic gave me a lot of ideas. Thanks dude

keljon

new clutch fitted

modified the engine mounts while it was all in bits

also fitted an AEM wideband as the innovate one i had was giving me some odd readings

Tags: