Black 04 - Hext007

Started by Hext007, February 20, 2016, 14:47

CrazySX

Quote from: "Hext007"Loving the small plate, took mine off while bumper in the garage, front bumper butchered underneath, I have the two large holes plus four other small holes where number plate screwed through, I was thinking of moving plate to the grill but not without a full repaint fix now, so will leave. Any unwanted police attention? Also can you see the led in your fog light, mines a bit strange looking?
No attention from the cops at all. All the letters are plain and simple. I think if I had funky fonts then I would get unwanted attention.

Covers all the holes perfectly. I think I made 2 new ones lol!

They are SMD LED so all you should see is a yellow rectangle. Bloody bright though! Did you try em?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CrazySX

Quote from: "Hext007"Regarding the fogs, was going to use original wiring, then run a cable(you only need a single core, as can double up on the fog light earth) from a point that goes live when the ignition on for the DRL's, simples.

I thought about that but I like to have the option of switching them on and off.

CrazySX

Quote from: "Hext007"Just noticed your front lights, did you change the colour? Was it an easy job?
You mean the headlights? Have a look at my build thread in readers rides. It's all there. It's a bit mucky and a little scarey but easy enough I guess.

Hext007

Had a look at your lights, what do you use to stick them back together again?

CrazySX

Quote from: "Hext007"Had a look at your lights, what do you use to stick them back together again?
I just heated up the old glue again. Once back together I ran a bead of black silicone around them to make sure they were still watertight  s;) ;) s;)

Hext007

MOT passed, DRL's on all the time, and recent brake work has proved to be good, so happy days.

CrazySX

Quote from: "Hext007"MOT passed, DRL's on all the time, and recent brake work has proved to be good, so happy days.
Get some pics up then  s;) ;) s;)

Hext007

Live in the country, and its minging at the moment, try to clean and photo this weekend, fogs wired in, wouldn't say I noticed a massive difference with them on, buts it's not been foggy yet, so will reserve judgement, but happy with the angel eyes, nice and bright, and no hot spots.

CrazySX

Quote from: "Hext007"Live in the country, and its minging at the moment, try to clean and photo this weekend, fogs wired in, wouldn't say I noticed a massive difference with them on, buts it's not been foggy yet, so will reserve judgement, but happy with the angel eyes, nice and bright, and no hot spots.
I haven't used the fogs either. Prefer the DRL'S  s;) ;) s;)

Go on a dark road, switch on the fogs and switch of your headlights. You will soon know if they work well lol! My DRL's light up quite bright.

Hext007

Had a weekend doing a few jobs, gave it a quick clean Saturday, ready for Queens square meet this morning, installed chrome binnacle rings, have a spare now so will spray gloss black when weather improves, replaced plastic clips in the frunk after wiring up new fogs/DRL's, photos

CrazySX

Looking good bud. Looks like it needs to loose an inch of Arch gap. Any plans to change the suspension? Springs?

Hext007

Yes, have had to wait to renew insurance as they wouldn't allow mods, will do when weather gets a bit better about March, going to start out with Tein springs

CrazySX

That's about all you need for the street. Ride is about the same as stock but gets rid of the horrible Arch gap and lessons the effect of gravity lol

Hext007

Another simple mod, pleased with it.

CrazySX

Quote from: "Hext007"Another simple mod, pleased with it.

I swear you are copying me [emoji14]

Did mine last wknd  s;) ;) s;)

Great minds!

Hext007

Yes, Its a good mod, much more interesting than the standard knobs. I'm also going to spray my binnacle, and havac surround gloss black in the summer, mate at work has a 3D printer, so may try and get a navpod printed up as well.

CrazySX

Quote from: "Hext007"Yes, Its a good mod, much more interesting than the standard knobs. I'm also going to spray my binnacle, and havac surround gloss black in the summer, mate at work has a 3D printer, so may try and get a navpod printed up as well.
Very nice. Great minds for sure. I was thinking of painting mine silver at some point.

Be interested to see how you nav pod comes out  s;) ;) s;)

Hext007

Next job to do.  s:-D :-D s:-D    s:D :D s:D  

CrazySX

Quote from: "Hext007"Next job to do.  s:-D :-D s:-D    s:D :D s:D  

You will love this one. Kinda involved so try and do it when it's not freezing cold or Raining. Also ensure you have a new set of drop links on standby. If you need any tips look at my project thread  s;) ;) s;)

Results are great.  Oem ride for half the height  s;) ;) s;)

Hext007

Swapped the springs over the last couple of days, started at the rear, no trouble with the drop links, first side 1.5 hrs, second side 1 hr, front strip easy, but gaiters shot, ordered new so had to wait, finished yesterday, really happy with the look now, should have been like this out of the factory, have only Been for a short drive, ride feels nice, and car feels more planted. So happy days  s:D :D s:D  

Hext007

Had the car in for some body work, after it rolled into a tree while on my drive. Collected the GB body kit, but had to purchase the replica front. Really happy with the results. It's the wheels, hubs disc backing plates and locking wheel nuts letting it down now. On my to do list funds permitting.

Hext007

shnazzle

I do like me a GB bodykit. Very nice.
...neutiquam erro.

Topdownman

Its coming on nicely!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Hext007

Yes getting there, really tempted to go smoked chrome for the wheels

Tags: