Black 04 - Hext007

Started by Hext007, February 20, 2016, 14:47

CrazySX

Just needs a ducktail and twin pipes now ;)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

tricky1138

Quote from: shnazzle on July  4, 2018, 22:52
I do like me a GB bodykit. Very nice.

Me too. Now just to find one and have some money to buy it!  :o
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

shnazzle

Quote from: tricky1138 on July  5, 2018, 11:21

That and I would hit every curb and bump on the road haha
...neutiquam erro.

tricky1138

Quote from: shnazzle on July  5, 2018, 11:39
Quote from: tricky1138 on July  5, 2018, 11:21

That and I would hit every curb and bump on the road haha

Thats true - I cant get on the drive at my dads to start with!  :(
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Hext007

Yes, would like new pipes and spoiler, red leather seats etc etc

s12vea

I do love the Toyota GB kit, really finishes off the 2.

Red leather would finish it off nicely
Another one won't hurt  .....

Hext007

Had an hour or so spare so thought I would redo headlights. They weren't to bad but starting to cloud up at the tops, first photo before.

Hext007

Does anyone have any tips on cleaning the ribbed part of the lights, where it meets the wings/ bumper etc?

CrazySX

Quote from: Hext007 on July 19, 2018, 20:09
Does anyone have any tips on cleaning the ribbed part of the lights, where it meets the wings/ bumper etc?
Take them out and attack with a toothbrush and some warm soapy water. I had mould in mine. Toothbrush worked a treat.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hext007

How long to take the lights out, do you need to remove the front bumper?

delhusband

Quote from: Hext007 on July 19, 2018, 21:06
How long to take the lights out, do you need to remove the front bumper?
You can get away with taking out top 4 bolts and trim screws in wheel arches - let me find link, this was discussed recently...
Hate pointy animals

delhusband

Hate pointy animals

delhusband

Hate pointy animals

Hext007

Thanks, will have a look.

Hext007

Well, my wheels were knackered and as it's my daily didn't want to be without it. So I thought I'd get new wheels, now I was going to get rota grids, but I like the standard look and I prefer silver wheels, so I thought these were pretty close, same sizes as standard and et38. But they are sparkly, a bit fussier than you can tell from picks when on the car, and they stick out, not tyre scraping stick out but curb crunching stick out. So I'm really not sure on the looks, but I wanted something no one else has had, so oh well guess they may grow on me.

Hext007

So after 4-5 years, the brakes all need sorting out again. Plus advisories on the MOT that boots split both sides front lower suspension. All stripped and no splits found, removed hubs both sides, one split so the disintegrating backing disk can be replaced. Will add some pictures
 How difficult are the rears?

Hext007

Also remembered I had some 50th birthday lockdown plates from the better half, (as we couldn't go anywhere). Cut down the front and rear holders.

Tags: