Still Looking - Problem with Valuations

Started by exiles, February 26, 2016, 17:24

exiles

First quote for oil n filter change, new sump, check/fix leak on chain tensioner £238. Seems reasonable BUT they cant fit me in this week and I'm back at work next week, arghhhh!

Chilli Girl

Oh dear, bad luck but unfortunately these cars are not getting any younger so we have to expect these type of things! Just disappointing & annoying as you've not long had the car.   s:( :( s:(   It'll be all worth it in the end though.  s:D :D s:D
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

exiles

Cheers Jane, but after just 8 days, 8 flipping days!

Bernie

So what did you buy how much was it & obviously no warranty
As I posted earlier buy cheap and its gonna cost !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

exiles

Private, I dont think it was cheap. As these are problems that arent uncommon I suppose I should put it down to bad luck, and a bit of unfortunate timing. Hopefully these bits will be it for a while.
Just a bit miffed I cant use it with oil piddling out the sump, not fair on motorcyclists at the very least.

Jrichards20

A red edition, 2004, FSH, new mohair roof etc that looks in rather god condition on the outside. Advertised at £3200, so probably bought for around £3000? I wouldn't say its expensive.

Red editions on a dealer forecourt like that will probably be up for £4.5k-ish. So a couple of hundred quid to make sure everything is now fine is a small price to pay for what you've got in my opinion.
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

exiles

As I said, just a bit miffed that I'm having to pay out quite so soon but as they arent exactly uncommon problems it is probably to be expected. I can live with a few hundred quid to put them right, just would rather be out driving it.

Chilli Girl

Hmmm, it is abit of a lottery when you buy any used car. I paid 4k, 55 reg, ftsh dealer which was probably alittle high but then i wanted a low miler so I coughed up. Other than a new aux belt, thats it for now. Was going to refurb wheels but decided that I'll get these done next year and save myself £260! Hope you get your 2 sorted next week.
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

exiles

Certainly is Jane, dropping it off Monday, hopefully they wont find anything else and that will be it for a while. Another weekend of not being able to use it, dammit.

exiles

Sump sorted, oil and filter sorted (they managed to under fill it by 1/4 litre, assume the dipstick befuddled them), cleaned up engine and ran for an hour on the ramp to check for leaks and found zilch.
Feeling happier for now.

Took her out, top down, for an hour or so and was as I remembered, fun in the sun.

Best place for Sable touch up, Mr T?

Jrichards20

Glad it's fun now  s:) :) s:)  

What's parts are you looking to touch up? If your going to Ding day that would probably be the best place for some quick paining.
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

exiles

Just a few chips n dinks, wont be able to make Ding day so have sourced some touch up off fleabay, supposed to be correct colour from the Mr T number and advice off of here.
Just back from a few days away and was on the door mat, will give it a try tomorrow, if its carp I'll be after a refund if not will recommend the seller.
Shame about the bloody weather, been scorching in Amsterdam.

exiles

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280738907511

Excellent match for sable

Tags: