Installing the front bumper aero lip

Started by StuC, February 27, 2016, 22:54

StuC

Since owing banana I have had some issues with weird steering feel on the motorway. Almost like the front feels unstable.
Every car has the aero lips (l-shaped plastic brackets) in front of the front wheels.
One idea put forward was the little aero lip on the underside of the front bumper in the centre, which was introduced seemingly for the FaceLift models.
I had acquired one of these centre lips from Mattperformance a while ago. Today I finally fitted it. Please see below for a "how to". Quick pic below of the 2 aero lips installed.

First job will be to get a bit of height on the front bumper. I was fortunate and had access to a lift today.  s;-) ;-) s;-)  

Then you will need to make sure you have the 5 plastic edge clips shown below...

These clips fit into the 3 larger rectangular holes on the underside of the bumper as seen in the below picture..

The 2 remaining fixings are clipped into the edge of the painted area of the bumper, next to the side undertray.
All the fixings just push onto the relevant edge and have a little snap feel when they locate the hole.

Next job is to offer up the aero lip, like so...

... Then pop in the screws to each fixing. Tighten, stand back and admire your handy work.  s:-D :-D s:-D  

URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Ardent

Got to love having a car in the air for jobs like that.
So much simpler

StuC

Amen to that!

I think that is prolly the reason I held off from doing it for so long.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

smart51

Looks easy enough to fit.  How much difference has it made on the road?

Tags: