My 2004 red edition

Started by barry1783, March 16, 2016, 20:58

barry1783

Hi, haven't posted in a while, but more because I was busy doing things than anything else!

firstly i bought a friend for my red edition  s:) :) s:)

barry1783

next, my hood was ripping on both sides in the drain

so I took it off to try and save it!!

barry1783

I tried to sew it up while it was out of the car, so far with reasonable sucess. we will see how long it lasts!

barry1783

one of the drains was almost blocked, I had tried to clear it previously with the roof on, but with roof off I found I hadn't done a very good job. At least it was a doodle to clean at this point and is now like new  s:) :) s:)

with the roof back on we made a new blue friend  s:) :) s:)

barry1783

It has not been all work at least, a couple of trips on a ferry

barry1783

and a couple more to the seaside  s:) :) s:)

and one to a field?

barry1783

then I got my georgebrace fitted  s:) :) s:)

barry1783

I confess to being a bit dissapointed with my georgebrace. It certainly stiffens the car and takes away some of the scuttle shake, but there is still more scuttle shake in the car than I would like. But I don't want a hardtop so I will live with it.

next up I have ordered some KYB shocks  s:) :) s:)

barry1783

Got the KYB s fitted, very pleased, really shows how tired the old ones were.

Then got the chance to give the car a good clean inside and out  s:) :) s:)

barry1783

With an upcoming weekend trip I decided to do the alarm move to create some extra luggage space.

Thanks again to the how to on this site  s:) :) s:)

the weather wasn't great, but the mr2 was, and I even felt like it handled better with my wife in the passenger seat and 25kgs of luggage in the front. got me considering some ballast!

barry1783

Next consideration are some tein springs. since fitting the new shocks I think the front sits even higher. Although it would only be for the looks as I am delighted with the handling at the moment, especially as where I live the roads are really bumpy and she handles the bumps really well.

barry1783

Got the tein springs fitted, they certainly are good for what they are. Then I couldn't resist this  s:) :) s:)

barry1783

I was planning a track day and this came up locally, so just couldn't pass it up.

barry1783

I thought I would have a go with the matt black vynil paint that is supposed to peel off.

barry1783

very pleased with the result, 2 cans @ £10 each did a decent job  s:) :) s:)

barry1783

then we headed off to our track day

barry1783

Really had a great time on track and the car performed great. No issues at all just lots of fun  s:) :) s:)

Tags: