You know you're hardcore when...

Started by Anonymous, December 23, 2004, 23:08

Anonymous

... you drive 82 miles between 8pm and 10pm on December 23rd with the top down!   s8) 8) s8)  

Windows and wind deflector up, heater on feet/face on full whack but only mid pojnt between hot/cold, and I wasn't cold at all! All this despite only wearing a T-Shirt...!

I now consider myself an official Hardcore SoftTop Owner.   s:D :D s:D

so.simple

Welcome to the club!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Carlos

kanujunkie

aye  s8) 8) s8)
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

mrsmr2

I must admit I've been keen to put my roof down recently, but as I'm soft and have my hardtop on, I can't  s:( :( s:(
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

Anonymous

Can't beat that, but I'll be doing 35 miles top down very shortly!

LeeUK

Ah when the sky is clear and the heater is on it doesn't matter!  It's a pain if it's cold and wet!    s:( :( s:(  

You don't half get some funny looks though!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

I probably got some funny looks yesterday, but I couldn't see them.

I needed to get a new mailbox post. 57 degrees, partly cloudy, decided to pick it up with the 2 on the way home home from work. When I got out of the store it had started to sprinkle. By the time I got the top down and the post in the passenger seat the cold front had gone through - 40 degrees, windy, and then it started pouring. I was only a mile from home, but with the traffic it still took almost 10 minutes. Near zero visibility, and worse for me because the wind is coming from the back and the rain is hitting the inside of the windshield. And, of course, it stopped raining as soon as I got home.

Weather's back to normal today - 20 degrees, chance of snow. It will probably be spring before the car dries out.

Anonymous

Reminds me of earlier this year - went out early Sunday morning for a blast along the snake pass. The weather wasn't too bad but on my way back over the tops it started snowing - of course I had the roof down all the way. The traffic was moving fast enough for it not to be an issue. To be fair it wasn't all that cold but it's one of those moments you don't forget - it's what being alive is all about.

I find that driving around at night with the roof down and the heaters on is a real feel good experience - you don't need sun to enjoy going topless!?  s:P :P s:P

Anonymous

Christmas morning. Beautiful sunny day with 3 or 4 degrees of frost.
Went to pick up our older son from his girlfriend's flat in Redditch. Hood down, blasting round the streets with the sound of the popping and crackling Hayward & Scott exhaust bouncing off the buildings (Sean will remember the Saturday night in Paris following David). Lovely jubbly!!! Who wants to sleep on Christmas morning anyway!?

Happy New Year

Anonymous

Quote from: "ekona"I now consider myself an official Hardcore SoftTop Owner.   s:D :D s:D

Strange! I consider myself to be a Softcore Hardtop Owner   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "ekona"... you drive 82 miles between 8pm and 10pm on December 23rd with the top down!   s8) 8) s8)  

Windows and wind deflector up, heater on feet/face on full whack but only mid pojnt between hot/cold, and I wasn't cold at all! All this despite only wearing a T-Shirt...!

I now consider myself an official Hardcore SoftTop Owner.   s:D :D s:D

I think that is classed as semi hardcore as you had the windows up  s:!: :!: s:!:  

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Or 'sensible hardcore': you can't drive with pneumonia!    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Ah but when you can....that's when you become true hardcore   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

so.simple

320 topless Km's.

Went to Algarve for the new year and caught an excellent weather on the way back to Lisbon. Summer is back!   s8) 8) s8)

Edit: I love the "Mongo's wind deflectors"!
Carlos

Tags: