03 Dutch MR2 with UK kit

Started by Vin, June 5, 2016, 19:00

Vin

Instead of updating the thread in the 'welcome' area, decided to open a Reader's ride one.

So the car is my dad's, but the Toyota addiction is an hobby we share. I drive a 04 Celica 2zz, with a lot of TRD/TTE/etc options. I take my dad to most meetings and he fell in love with the facelift ZZW30 last year. So we started looking around and found one in Germany, nice condition, hardtop, 55000 miles, TTE springs, KN intake:

Still with German plates, see my Celica lurking in the background

My dad wanted to keep it stock, but I just kept showing him pictures of slightly modded cars, and thus the buying spree started:

Xenon fitted:

With duplex exhaust and 16" OZ Superleggera wheels, Keytechniques covers:

Then some engine mods:
-Magnaflow high flow cat.
-Pre-cats emptied
-KN intake (already fitted by the previous owner)

Which gave a nice result on the dyno, 7 bhp increase  s:) :) s:)

Today we fitted some exterior mods, GB kit. The fronts were bought locally, original Toyota. The sides were bought from Nigel Smith Glass Fibre Products and are also original Toyota, the rears are fiber glass replicas. To my surprise the rears fitted like a glove and the original parts took a bit of work, in the end they all fit perfect. All though I have to say, for original Toyota parts, they are a nightmare to fit. The original Toyota parts for the Celica just clip on, these MR2 parts take a lot of sealant.

Ardent

Good work sirs

Bernie

Good work & nice 2 you have
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

StuC

Nice  :-) :-) :-)  

Perfectly folded roof as well.  s:-D :-D s:-D
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER