3M Lip kits

Started by swandez, June 19, 2016, 20:44

swandez

Has any tried a lip kit on there 2? Been looking at several on the net and think it would help give the front bumper a more aggressive look...

Anyone recommend a decent brand or have any pictures of them installed on a 2?

swandez

Anyone? I mean the universal lip kits on eBay there's plenty available and EZLip seem to pretty popular think it would look pretty good and a reasonably cheap little mod to the make the front end look a bit more aggressive...

MR TWO

I looked it up on eBay. Does this simply stick on? Anyone ever seen it actually being used?
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

mr mr2

I've seen them on a mates
 car it also had self tapping screws on it as well just to make sure look good for the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excelsior

mulaz

i fitted a foam lip purchased from ebay for around £25 , but i had to remove the bumper to fit it correctly.
the supplied stick on tape didn't work in some of the contours so reverted to penny washers and self tappers.
looked ok but nothing to shout about.

a year later i had to replace the bumper after my car rolled one foot down my drive way into my garage wall because of the poor rear hand brake (recon calipers now fitted)
This time i managed to find a luxury part lip to fit and now in my opinion looks the dogs  sbollocks bollocks sbollocks    s:D :D s:D  

Old foam lip
11131737_10153219769554491_8835303867630587043_n by Mulaz1, on Flickr

Luxury part lip
2016-07-09_10-19-56 by Mulaz1, on Flickr
Slowly replacing all the old parts for new parts so that one day i will end up with a brand new car !   s]

MR TWO

Mulaz thanks for the pics.  Your Luxury parts lip sets the car off very nicely!  I'm not so keen on the rubber type though each to their own....
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

swandez

Quote from: "mulaz"i fitted a foam lip purchased from ebay for around £25 , but i had to remove the bumper to fit it correctly.
the supplied stick on tape didn't work in some of the contours so reverted to penny washers and self tappers.
looked ok but nothing to shout about.

a year later i had to replace the bumper after my car rolled one foot down my drive way into my garage wall because of the poor rear hand brake (recon calipers now fitted)
This time i managed to find a luxury part lip to fit and now in my opinion looks the dogs ********   s:D :D s:D  

Old foam lip
11131737_10153219769554491_8835303867630587043_n by Mulaz1, on Flickr

Luxury part lip
2016-07-09_10-19-56 by Mulaz1, on Flickr

The Luxury part lip looks awesome! I've looked at this before but it's pretty expensive isn't it? Looks great though is it easy enough to fit?

Ian3360

I bought a Rhinolip kit to fit on my Roadster before I decided to have a TRD replica lip fitted. I'm certain it's in my garage somewhere so it you're wanting one Swandez, I am sure we can come to some arrangement. Let me know... On here of course to play by the rules!  s:D :D s:D    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:flame: :flame: s:flame:
S10 TRD "Slow Turd" - Sable 2006 roadster. Red leather, Widermuller bling, Frenzy Stylebar, Piranha brake discs, HEL brakelines, Simon Tan style headlamp covers, TTE Exhaust, Ducktail Spoiler, Matts Brace, Cusco strut braces, ZunSport grilles, Dev\'s Keyhole covers, Kriss\'s Kick panels, AppRadio 3 stereo, Nathans bushes, Crystal Black indicators, TRD Sportivo shocks and springs, full polybush replacement with Whiteline ARBs, [strike]Rota GT3 wheels with Yokohama S Drive tyres[/strike], Full Bodykit, [strike]AEM induction kit[/strike], C-One scoops.

[centre]CHECK OUT THE UK MR2 ROADSTER OWNERS GROUP ON FACEBOOK[/centre]

mulaz

Luxury part lip was easy to fit,its glass fibre and held on with half a dozen or so large self tappers
Slowly replacing all the old parts for new parts so that one day i will end up with a brand new car !   s]

swandez

Quote from: "Ian3360"I bought a Rhinolip kit to fit on my Roadster before I decided to have a TRD replica lip fitted. I'm certain it's in my garage somewhere so it you're wanting one Swandez, I am sure we can come to some arrangement. Let me know... On here of course to play by the rules!  s:D :D s:D    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:flame: :flame: s:flame:

Thanks for the heads up do you have any pictures of it fitted to the car?

Topdownman

There is this one for pre facelift;

m http://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/product/m ... 2-mk3.html m
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Ian3360

Quote from: "swandez"
Quote from: "Ian3360"I bought a Rhinolip kit to fit on my Roadster before I decided to have a TRD replica lip fitted. I'm certain it's in my garage somewhere so it you're wanting one Swandez, I am sure we can come to some arrangement. Let me know... On here of course to play by the rules!  s:D :D s:D    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:flame: :flame: s:flame:

Thanks for the heads up do you have any pictures of it fitted to the car?

Never fitted it....still in its box!   s:D :D s:D
S10 TRD "Slow Turd" - Sable 2006 roadster. Red leather, Widermuller bling, Frenzy Stylebar, Piranha brake discs, HEL brakelines, Simon Tan style headlamp covers, TTE Exhaust, Ducktail Spoiler, Matts Brace, Cusco strut braces, ZunSport grilles, Dev\'s Keyhole covers, Kriss\'s Kick panels, AppRadio 3 stereo, Nathans bushes, Crystal Black indicators, TRD Sportivo shocks and springs, full polybush replacement with Whiteline ARBs, [strike]Rota GT3 wheels with Yokohama S Drive tyres[/strike], Full Bodykit, [strike]AEM induction kit[/strike], C-One scoops.

[centre]CHECK OUT THE UK MR2 ROADSTER OWNERS GROUP ON FACEBOOK[/centre]

swandez

How much? Assume it's the cheap rubber 3m stick on jobby?

Alex Knight

I've got an EZ-Lip:

Jrichards20

I so want an LP splitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Jrichards20

I so want an LP splitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Street Triple 765 RS

Jrichards20

Double post was accidental but appropriate.  s:) :) s:)
Street Triple 765 RS

Tags: