Interesting start to MR2 ownership (and now class SB hillclimb / Sprint)

Started by tets, July 5, 2016, 11:54

tets

Had an interesting start to MR2 ownership

Bought this with a replacement engine in really good nick in October (i think). Unfortunately the Mrs hit some diesel on a roundabout on New Years Eve morning and visited someones garden via a wall (which fortunately wasn't too high and falling down)
Managed to get all the bits in blue, pull the front panel and replace the crossmember (behind the bumper) and get it back together (minus the aircon condensor as I couldn't get one in time so needs to revisited). Had a slight issue as the passenger window stopped working and thought a wire had been cut in the crash - turned out her knee must have hit the stupid button (that I didn't know was there)

Anyway - Pics below

When 1st bought

After the Mrs's journey to work New Years Eve morning

And after purchasing several new parts

Plenty of reading later and i've started to build an induction kit and then braces and an exhaust I think.

Plus some Yoko's or Toyo's

cheers
Steve

The Other Stu

I'm afraid I can't see the pictures. Are they set to allow anyone to view them?
Generally, I use Imgur. You don't need an account and you can upload pictures really quick.

I know this forum recommends Photobucket. I can't see those at work  s:( :( s:(
No Longer Here

tets

really odd as they show perfectly on mine - I use dropbox and everything is set to public!!

I'll have a look at Imgur and try again

tets

Lets see if this one works using Imgur

New to us

New Years Eve

After

The Other Stu

Quote from: "tets"Lets see if this one works using Imgur

New to us

New Years Eve

After

No need for the thumbnails  s:) :) s:)  I've quoted with the big pics.

looks ace now.
No Longer Here

tets

i left clicked at first and copied the address from the thumbnail - quickly realised if you open the pic it gives you the links on the right - that's definitely the easiest file sharing site i've used so thanks for that one!!

The Other Stu

Quote from: "tets"i left clicked at first and copied the address from the thumbnail - quickly realised if you open the pic it gives you the links on the right - that's definitely the easiest file sharing site i've used so thanks for that one!!
Welcome. It [strike:25pw4zui]has[/strike:25pw4zui]had a Firefox plugin where you can right click an image and instantly upload it too (helps if you're on Facebook where you can't actually hotlink the pictures)

Bah, no longer available.
No Longer Here

tets

This is the induction kit i've started on - I go to France next Wednesday and not back until August but i'll get it finished when I get back!!

tets

So I got the motorsport bug again and decided to enter the LMDC Speed Championship with possibly the cheapest car known to man!!
After the accident and the repair it stood us at about £400!! I built and induction kit, bought and wrapped a Hamish manifold and started looking at coilovers, piggyback ecu, braces, roll bars etc etc to run in modified roadgoing in the LMDC Speed championship.
Then 2nd week of Jan my back went big time and put everything on hold. It's just about ok again now so the plans have changed.
Now entered in the standard class and having missed the start of the season but we're now just about ready.

i'll get the pics so far and more details up shortly!!

tets

So we're nearly ready now - MSA License has turned up, race suit bought!! just need the helmet and gloves and we're off!!
So far car, seat, harness, cage tow straps etc etc have set me back around £800.

I'm on Conti Sports which aren't the best but will do for the time being and I can use lowered spring as as they were an option when new. Also I have an import box to go on with LSD which set me back £100.

By the time the springs go on i'll be at a grand for a competition car which isn't too bad!!

Tags: